question about the carrion away action

TheLostOne

Use Carrion Away to move a corpse marker, raise it as a Necropunk, Necropunk isn't Slow because Nicodem's creations give no ****s, Leap and Deliver a Message for easy, instant profit. The frustration of your foes will be immense, because there's bugger all that can be done to stop it.

Just one use of the Carrion Away that makes me grind my teeth in frustration so hard sparks fly out of the corner of my mouth =P

The way to use it might not be super obvious, so I'll lay it out for you.

1st AP: Move to corpse counter.

0 Action: Use Carrion Away

2nd AP: Move back in range of Nicodem.

At the end of the turn, the corpse counter that WAS way out of range is snapped into contact with the Vulture, in range of Nicodem.

Use Carrion Away to move a corpse marker, raise it as a Necropunk, Necropunk isn't Slow because Nicodem's creations give no ****s, Leap and Deliver a Message for easy, instant profit. 

Except summoned models may not interact the turn they are summoned, so delayed profit :)

Thanks guys. I'm not sure why my brain couldn't connect the dots on moving, using the action and then moving again. I play this game at least once a week and I know that there's no order to how you can spend ap. now for a not so silly question. If I cast undead crowning through the vulture does the aura count as coming off of the vulture?

Thanks guys. I'm not sure why my brain couldn't connect the dots on moving, using the action and then moving again. I play this game at least once a week and I know that there's no order to how you can spend ap. now for a not so silly question. If I cast undead crowning through the vulture does the aura count as coming off of the vulture?

Alas no.  The vulture, with eyes and ears, let's Nicodem draw LoS and range from the vulture; however, Undead crowning uses neither, as it does not target, and has a range of -.  Instead it creates an aura on the model using the action.

Now, if you want a totem to use Undead Crowning, the Malifaux Child can cast one of his Master's (1) Ca actions using Just Like You.  Since the child is the one taking the action, he is the one that would generate the Aura.

The way to use it might not be super obvious, so I'll lay it out for you.

1st AP: Move to corpse counter.

0 Action: Use Carrion Away

2nd AP: Move back in range of Nicodem.

At the end of the turn, the corpse counter that WAS way out of range is snapped into contact with the Vulture, in range of Nicodem.

If it's in range of the Vulture, it's already in range of Nicodem, the Vulture doesn't need to bring it back...

Assuming you had cast Eyes and Ears of Course...

Got in a game with Nicodem last night. Found the Vultures ability to move corpse markers pretty handy. We were playing Squatters Rights, and I had taken the back left two markers. My opponent had the back two right markers. Most of our forces met in the middle (leaning a bit towards his first marker) and got into it. The Vulture got to bring a few corpse markers back to Nicodem and allowed him to reanimate a model right in front of him, easily within his Death's Whip range, and able to benefit from Love Thy Master and Rigor Mortis. Yes, this all *could* be done at range with Eyes and Ears, but if you would rather have the new model closer than where the counter dropped this can be extremely useful.

• 5 weeks later...