Toshiro, non-Yan Lo crews

He's extremely versatile due both his boost to nearby minions and both of his zero actions. His upgrade gives him extra use as a mini rezzer to help keep models coming. With is HtW +2 you can expect low damage to him ( but still, cover) and if you can run him with a healer nearby more the better. Easily worth his cost.

I bought Toshiro to be used exclusively with my Nico crew, maybe McMourning as well but I plan on playing him Guild more often than not. I see him at the 10T/Rezzer's answer to Dashell. He fills pretty much the same role in that he's pretty damn tough, fairly killy and he also buffs the hell out of his minions. The fact that he can take an upgrade to allow him to summon as well... all gravy!

He is useful. Giving him Corpse Bloat means he can also be used to generate cc's, though bit more risky as less wounds. One advantage is that in a Nico crew you can CB him almost to death and then use Nico to fully heal him.

But CB competes with other 0 actions.

Tosh and Nico within 6" of the same minions is nasty.... :+fate  :+fate  to hit is good.

• Like 1

Really good ideas here. I was also thinking of using him in my mcmourning crew, with him being a target to keep some heat off of Sebastian as a bonus. I realize Toshiro can be fragile even with HtW+2, and if he trudges up the board to keep minions within his aura range, he will be another target that an opponent will want to eliminate quickly, just like Sebastian. If resources are committed to handle one or the other, the unmolested one has potentially at least one more turn to do their thing, which can change games. This is assuming that both aren't being hammered simultaneously.