Batman vs. Darth Vader

Batman vs Darth Vader  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Batman would reveal that he had been mastering the Force in secret for years in case he needed it. Then they'd add in that Thomas Wayne was really a member of the Jedi Council in disguise on Earth to raise the galaxy's greatest hero...because that's how DC does things these days.

The correct answer to the poll: The Punisher. The only guy without a long list of reoccurring enemies.

• Like 1

Regardless of anything else. Batman has fought Magic users and literal Gods before. Now, we understand that The Force is not actual Magic, but it is close enough for Batman to react as if it were.

The next step is information. While Batman is almost psychotically prepared, things have caught him off-guard before—particularly against new threats. (Hush, Ras al'Ghul, Bane and Damien Wayne have all notably caught him off gaurd in the past). When this happens, he tends to Either be beaten quickly, or withdraw for more information before the fight begins. So the circumstances in which He fights Vader make a big difference. If Vader appears on Earth suddenly, or Batman appears in front of Vader, then There is a good chance Vader wins the battle, but is unable to kill Batman.

That being said, I would also question how well Vader would be able to sense Batman with the force, Yslmari or not. There are a couple of valid points. Most Jedi Don't like Droids, and they are looked down upon because they are a life form which is less present, and does not add to the force. The Yuuzhan Vong were unable to be sensed by the force, and highly disciplined minds have also caused problems with detection. Nobody has a more disciplined mind than Batman, and Vader would have a hard time matching wills with him too. Given that he is from a galaxy far, far away(through transitive logic—if we live in a galaxy far, far away from the Star Wars universe, and Batman "lives"in our galaxy, then he is just as far from them as they are from us), Batman should be harder for force users to get a hold of than merely extragalactic life, even without the discipline that would let him still his mind.

And since we know he always carries around the means to fake his death, including drugs to slow his heart, and since bacta tanks exist, even if Vader beats him, there is a pretty good chance he survives, albeit injured.

Afterwords, Batman does research, makes friends, and plans.

Vader has no chance. I doubt Batman would use the Yslamari packs or Cortosis weaves, though. they tend to be bulky and hard to move with, and Batman has, in the past, shown a distaste for bulky armor which restricts his movement. In addition, With force powers negated, Vader is essentially an asthmatic who depends on cybernetic limbs to move. He doesn't move quickly most of the time, he doesn't fight like a trained fighter who has kept up with practice. He is bulky, and strong, and over-relies on that strength to do most of the work for him.

So, likely rematch scenario: Batman has several force sensitives provide "fake" images of Vader, and either finds a way around force paralysis and choking, or sets a trap involving pre-planted ysalimari to create a zone in which Vader is weakened. Then, he attacks from the shadows, targeting cybernetic systems, particularly the ventilators. He dodges Vader's attacks, and takes out Vader's tech, probably losing cape and getting a few scars, but suffering no serious damage. He insists on taking Vader alive, and Probably ends up with Vader in Blackgate Prison or Arkham, where the force is unlikely to work in the same way(since we have never seen a force user there) but if it does, he has Ysalimari set at intervals to provide enough force for Vader to use to keep himself alive, but not so much as to allow him to escape. 

Then Vader gets added to his rogues gallery, becoming slightly less threatening each time he is beaten.

I'm not sure Shadow-Trooper armor is not very much more bulky than Batman's standard body armor, and seems to give fairly good movement. Them damn Shadow-Troopers were like ninjas. I think at the very least he would wear cortosis vambraces which would cause vaders lightsaber to stutter and turn off, seemed to work fairly well for Quilan Vos.

Given that, in comics, at least, he tends to wear a chestplate, and the rest is mostly padded cloth, possibly treated to be bullet and knife resistant(as opposed to the movies, which are full body armor, but more articulated than the stormtrooper armor) I have to disagree with you as to how much more bulky Stormtrooper armor is. That being said, He would certainly reverse-engineer it. I will agree that he would use the vambraces though. More force to punches, capable of intercepting a lightsaber in a block, and not much heavier than his standard.

Not going to lie, though—it's been a good 10 years since I was too involved in the lore of the Star Wars Universe, so definitely weaker on that the Batman stuff.

1. Star Wars was "a long, long time ago" so Vader would be really old, even if his cybernetics had been maintained perfectly, the living parts of him would have seen better days...

2. If for the fact they weren't already dead. Vader died at the end of Return of the Jedi, of course Batman could beat a corpse.

3. Vader's not even real!

And that's why Batman wins ;)

1. Star Wars was "a long, long time ago" so Vader would be really old, even if his cybernetics had been maintained perfectly, the living parts of him would have seen better days...

2. If for the fact they weren't already dead. Vader died at the end of Return of the Jedi, of course Batman could beat a corpse.

3. Vader's not even real!

And that's why Batman wins ;)

1)Time travel. Alternately, happened at some point between when Batman was "killed" by Darkseid, and the point at which he returned to the present.

2) Happened between episode 3 and 6. 18+ years of possibility.

3) Neither is Batman. there are no billionaire playboys running around fighting crime.

• Like 1

1)Time travel. Alternately, happened at some point between when Batman was "killed" by Darkseid, and the point at which he returned to the present.

2) Happened between episode 3 and 6. 18+ years of possibility.

3) Neither is Batman. there are no billionaire playboys running around fighting crime.

3. Well duh, that's why they have secret identities... Anyway what about Bono from U2?

• Like 1

He's less fighting crime, and more being an advocate for whatever cause caught his toddler like attention this week.

And, unless I missed a major news report, there are no masked men running around using tools that would require extensive funding to fight crime either. Unfortunately.

Also, see here for the chances of there ever being a Batman.

http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=1870

hmm I think his calculations are off... You need to take the number of Billionaires and then look at the number with sociopathic tendencies (tbh probably high, most high ups in big companies fall fairly high on the scale) and then look at the likeliness they will be murdered. The whole Olympic class athlete thing I feel is a red herring, the reason Olympic Atheletes are as good as they are is I feel 75% drive and determination, because lets be honest when I think about going down the gym I fail my Wp check. (due to it being a TN17 Wp Check and only have a WP of 2.)

hmm I think his calculations are off... You need to take the number of Billionaires and then look at the number with sociopathic tendencies (tbh probably high, most high ups in big companies fall fairly high on the scale) and then look at the likeliness they will be murdered. The whole Olympic class athlete thing I feel is a red herring, the reason Olympic Atheletes are as good as they are is I feel 75% drive and determination, because lets be honest when I think about going down the gym I fail my Wp check. (due to it being a TN17 Wp Check and only have a WP of 2.)

First, Sociopathic tendencies in the Parents only help insofar as socipathic tendencies are genetically transmittable, or installable in early childhood.

The Olympic Level athletes thing, though, is a bit more important than you think, in that there are plenty of althetes with at least that amount of drive who never reach the top. Genetics are important there, because metabolism, healing, and innate ability are far more than 25% of the mix—Someone who is born with a poor sense of balance, or who will never grow beyond 4" is going to have a hard time, regardless of effort, becoming Olympic level at certain sports. Physical body imposes fairly hard limits on certain activities. The calculation may be off, but not by as much as that.

And, of course, it does not take into account Genius+ level Intelligence, which almost any iteration of Batman will have. That has to reduce the levels still further, as even if we just take Mensa records, and assume that current population to genius ratios are more or less accurate for Humanity, it comes down to about 57 per every 139 thousand, or approximately 1 per every 55,700 people. Not that I consider that a good metric, it's just the best I could find without extensive research. That being said, I suspect Batman level intelligence i far more rare still.

1 in a million chances happen 9 times out of 10 though, so it is possible. Also even if I can't prove Batman is running around fighting crime, Oliver Queen is prrof that millionaire playboys DO turn vigilante, superhero crimefighters...Checkmate!