Toy Soldier - Stockport - 21st and 22nd July

ukrocky

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A1 - no real opponent input here - you pick the strategies then a random one of three is selected

A2 - allows you to have some control over your Strategy but allows your opponent to choose the least unfavourable

A3 - allows you to have some control over your Strategy but allows your opponent to remove the least favourable

B - both these give more control over your Strategy to your opponent.

B1 gives you a little bit of control back, B2 gives you very little, you're at the whim of your opponent

My preference would be A2, seems the one where player and opponent input is least unequal

Wouldn't mind playing any of them, although I'd like the Strategy deck to contain all the advanced Strategies, including individual ones, just to get away from the seemingly standard set of tedious shared strategies that appear to have become the norm in tournaments.

And on that note, I'd like to see random deployment zones too, not just the standard one.

Cheers

Rob

I'd mix it up a bit more. Personally I'd have both players choose two or thee strategies, each player rejects one of their opponent's. Then both players remaining strategies are shuffled together and one picked at random.

That way there's no 'attack/defence' element both players follow the same process.

Just my 2p.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up guys. The ticket reallocation happens in 10 days, so to guarantee a ticket, you need to get it by the end of the month :)

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

P.s. Ratboy Stoo - What's your name? :)

Ok guys. Got some exciting news for you all, and I'd love to hear if anyone has issues with this.

We're gonna try out a few things at this tourney. Why? Because I don't see the harm in doing so;

- New scheme selection process, as discussed earlier in the thread

- Possibly some new strategies to mix it up a bit

- Some light comp, so that 'filth/cheese/broken' etc. is either toned down or some such.

There will be a v2 rulespack coming your way this week, lemme know if you have any issues with these changes!

In addition, the Britannia Hotel has been reccomended to me as being cheap accomodation from £29 per night for a twin room! More details will be in the rulespack