sybarite's burlesque performers

Sybarite

• 4 weeks later...

The crew is Fantastically Painted ! 

My only complaint, if you consider it a complaint is the basing. Everyone always seems to use the flat board effect. I do realize that they work in a saloon and do shows, but they also do a lot of stuff outside the saloons working for the M and SU. Sometimes they do tunnel runs for Ramos in the sewers. Maybe Ramos has them come to the mines for a moral boosting show (but in reality smuggling some choice stones out for the union folks), or being out on the streets buying supplies or new dresses.

Sorry I just hate seeing a beautifully painted crew on boring bases. 

Kaintxu: Thanks! Glad you like them :) Black and brown mixed with more and more skin tone for the highlights. The areas which are themost stretched out get the most skin showing through. Stools? I don't know. I made that one out of plastic card myself.

Otylia: Thanks! Glad you like them! :) It's great fun to paint with such varying colour schemes. Not sure when you'll see more showgirls from me since I'm working on other crews. I have an Oiran and a Mannequin yet to paint for this crew, which was my first, but won't paint them anytime soon I am afraid.

Thanks! Glad you like them

Basing is a bit boring I know :) But this was the first Malifaux crew i painted, or well, the first I started at least, the red Performer was a recent paint job for a model I had neglected. I started the crew back in 2011 when I was slowly getting into Malifaux 1.5. After realising the basing looked good but wasn't too spectacular I've since started to do more ambitious bases on my other crews.

Oh and they don't work in a saloon, but the Star Theater. :)

• 7 months later...