Cool range of Old West MDF buildings

shuttler

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These buildings are build the way that you can easy remove the roof. So no problem there. I just glued the walls with the base together. The roof is just put on top without glue.

Inside they have an Empty worden floor. But for the Big new buildings i will Build some Inside walls.

Good to hear. I may have to order a few of these to toy around with....

1. None of the roofs are glued on

2. The city block residential building has dividing walls inc doorways, but none of the others do (not sure about the hotel)

3. Church on its way so hope to have pics early next week

4. My next tournament will have a church as first prize :) (makes a change from a starter set!).

5. Oh yes. I checked and the 'plus' buildings are slightly wider and longer (detailed on the Sarissa website)

The ainstycastings stuff look great. (If by 'great' I mean 'wallet emptying'...)

Counters and shelves (x2) + bar room furniture to start me thinks!

Will be raiding the Ainstey stand at Colours next weekend!

Thanks for the pics Warmaster - hotel looks good - not too intrusive on a gaming table, and lots of potential for using the interior.

Yay Colours!

I live round the corner! (no I don't have a supply of bacon butties...)

Any other Malifauxy stuff there??

• 4 weeks later...

The Heroic scale are about 30-32mm scale i.e. suitable for Malifaux. Buildings are bigger (if you buy the 'plus' versions), and the doors are bigger.

My pics show all heroic scale buildings - the 25mm ones do look undersized by comparison, but otherwise would be OK (i.e. don't mix 'em).

Personally I'd recommend the small plus buildings, plus the church.

Heroic uis really aimed at more of a 28-30mm, but they work well enough with no problems in Malifaux. Whilst I still don't own any of them (I was going to order some but that new IA: Apocalypse book came out, curses!), but I keep meaning to order some (if nothing else gets in the way, like NE Teddy, books, dvds, Dead Island, etc.) soon.

Hi all,

I'm not too sure whether this stuff has been posted on these pages before, but I'm pretty sure it must have been:

http://www.sarissa-precision.co.uk/store/oldwesthr/

However a few of the Malifaux gamers who read my blog have asked me to do some reviews of their scenery, so I've gone and brought a few piece, and my first two reviews are up on my blog now if anyone is interested:

http://thefrontlinegamer.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-sarissa-precision-oldwest.html

http://thefrontlinegamer.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-sarissa-precision-oldwest-shack.html

I actually think for the price they're not at all bad. The scale is close enough too as well. I'll also be reviewing the Hotel and the Church at some point this week and if people here show an interest I'll post the links here too. Thanks biggrin.gif

SORRY!!!

Didn't realise there was already a thread on this stuff!!! I did look, honest I did. ;) Any way there are some pics in the reviews you guys might find handy. If you would like any further pics of close up shots of certain components or stuff, let me know in the comments section and I'll get onto it for you. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

The jail and train station are on me list (who wouldn't want to have a train on tracks that you can actually move as the game progresses??:)) the stables doesn't do it for me though.

Besides, I've got enough buildings for 3 boards as it is!

I just hope they don't start making battlefield accessories like gallows, wells, horse troughs, water-towers.........;)

The jail and train station are on me list (who wouldn't want to have a train on tracks that you can actually move as the game progresses??:)) the stables doesn't do it for me though.

Besides, I've got enough buildings for 3 boards as it is!

I just hope they don't start making battlefield accessories like gallows, wells, horse troughs, water-towers.........;)

Sorry to inform you, but they're already working on a water tower as I type... they might also be working on some other bits and bobs! Not that I'll be complaining, my bank manager might though!

Sorry to inform you, but they're already working on a water tower as I type... they might also be working on some other bits and bobs! Not that I'll be complaining, my bank manager might though!

Damn their eyes!

Still, at least they haven't started making a Mine entrance...;)

that's just what we want! :)

Hey do you think the CityBlock 28mm would go well with Malifaux. I know its like 2 to 4 mm smaller but do you think it wouldn't look too ridiculous.

In a word "Yes". I have set of these and they work great. There's a separate thread somewhere with some pics.