Zombies.... who doesn't love them?

KingZombie

Hello!

My name is Shawn and I am the owner/operator of KingZombie.com. My passion for zombies led me to create a company to spread the zombie love. We make stickers, t-shirts as well as sell lots of various zombie things. We also recently combined with my other website that had lots of figures/toy soldiers.

Some of you are aware that we are coming out with our own line of 28mm zombie figures. We now have up all of our prototype photos and are moving along, with only minimal hiccups.

Here's a couple of pics to wet your appetite.

5%20SWAT%20Zombie.jpg

17%20EMT%20Zombie%20female.jpg

I look forward to providing you with top notch minis, as well as my usual fun stickers and t-shirts.

Seriously though, what is it about zombies??...

They're gross, rotting, animated corpses, and the vast majority of them just shuffle along aimlessly muttering about brains, and all they want to do is gnaw on things. What's so great about that? At least Wyrd's samurai punk zombies look like they still have a few neurons firing upstairs. But "regular" zombies? I just don't get their appeal. Can some zombiephile out there explain it to me?

:dizzy:

On a metaphysical level zombies touch that inner core of our fear of our own mortality and what occurs after we die. The thought of a person walking around that is nothing more than an empty shell - human being sans soul, if you will - who only craves the flesh of the living (as you'll notice zombies never gnaw on each other) touches a raw nerve in many. Some recoil from that fear; some accept it; others embrace it.

And then of course there is always the question of does that walking corpse of your loved one still contain a part of what they once were? Do the shambling, rotting undead still hold a spark of intelligence? Do they still posses the capacity for human emotions? If we are to strip away the "soul", the spark that gives us the capacity for rational thought and reasoning, are we really nothing more than mindless creatures, resorting only to our most basic needs, i.e. food?

It's also a metaphor how we, as humans, devour each other mindlessly as we progress through our lives in order to attain our goals, which is basically the satiation of our desires; or hungers, to put it another way.

But mostly, zombies just rock!

I didn't really like WWZ. I think Day by Day Armageddon is far better. The zombie survival guide is a must have too.

WWZ is going to be a movie next year BTW.

Day by Day Armageddon is a good book. They both are. They're different and good in their own way. For a interesting twist on zombies, check out David Moody's Autumn series. I do beleive the first one is available for free as a PDF on his website.

I actually used to HATE HATE HATE zombies. Of course I thought they were creepy, but as a 'monster movie' they were low on my list. Many zombie movies are just a gore fest, which isn't usually what I want.

But there is this subtext of zombies that Bryan was alluding to.

It's not so much the monsters, but how the survivors react in a world where you can't trust anyone. Also, a single zombie is not all that frightening. They are slow, dumb, and predictable.

But when there are hundreds or thousands, there is no escape. They are relentless, never stopping. Death itself.