Posting on multiple boards

I have a personal opinion question. If crossposting on mailing lists is frowned upon - is it okay to crosspost your WIP or finished figures on various sites for review?

I know people that do and people that don't. Some people say they don't want to see the same post on like 5 boards and others say because the people that comment are likely to be different on each site - you will get a more well rounded review.

What do you think? Constructive or annoying? I find it helpful but maybe it's just me....

Post away! I know I just ignore posts on one forum that I've already responded to on another... or I might post again if I come up with something new. Or, I won't post at all if I don't have the time or can't find anything useful to say. Nobody is forced to respond to anything, so I don't see why anyone should be annoyed by seeing the same thing on several boards.

I personally don't see any problem with it. Of course, I used to do that myself, so maybe I'm a bit biased. I quit doing that, but not because anyone was complaing about "cross-posting".

It does make sense because there are people that frequent only one or two boards, so they may not see it. There are several forums that I've heard of that I don't even belong to, so if something is posted there, then I'm probably not going to see it.

If a person wants to get as much feedback as possible from as many people as possible, then posting on several forums seems to be a good idea.

With the two gents above - to be honest I don't have time to peruse many sites these days, though I do tend to make a drive by atleast once a week, but only on topics that particularly interest me. Odds are you'll run across folks that are on multiple forums and then you'll come across quite a number who have never been on, much less heard of XX forum.

Thanks guys - that is my general theory as well - I have 4 boards I like to use (was 5 but Jesters is closed now) and they all work differently. Here and Reaper are active boards with lots of feedback...Jenova's and Arjay's are also good but with a much smaller audience these days....but I always used to get a mix of reviews which were always very helpful so I just wanted to see what the consensus was....

I'm with Eric there....I occasionally pop on CMON and still post in my gallery there generally just the Discuss submissions and wip pages but generally only if I see something in the homepage that catches my attention...I settle more here a lately as there isn't as much crap to wade through.. That and my time is spent painting rather than surfing just taking breaks between colours or stages to pop on and see what's new...