Well, hello everyone

Hinton

Since introductions are being asked for, I'll comply.

As of right now, I've been into the hobby for about a month and I've painted a total of 3 minis so far. Even though I grew up playing RPGs and I knew about miniatures, I never got into painting them.

Then, I stumbled across the Hirst Arts site a couple months ago and got involved in that community over there. One thing led to another and now I'm hooked on painting minatures and trying to build little castles and dungeons for them to populate.

I don't play RPGs anymore (haven't for years) since the group I used to game with all went our separate ways. Some moved out of state; others moved to different towns. I would move, but circumstances force me stay here. As far as I know, there isn't anyone in this little Nebraska town that still plays or is even remotely interested in anything RPG-related.

Welcome to the Wyrd Hinton!

I was the same way with the rpg's and the miniature painting thought hat stopped off looooong ago when kids came around, etc. Ever look into doing PBEM's? Used to run/play them for years and it is a great way to get your fix if your jonesing for a game. Think PBEM.com is still around and would point you in the right direction.

As for your painting and castle making, give us a show!

-

Nathan

Welcome to Wyrd, Hinton! I am one of a handful that frequent the various forums that live in Kansas. As far as I know, that is about the closest we can get to ya. This is a great little spot on the net to feed your mini addiction. Frustrated Father is top notch and one of the most generous people I have had the pleasure of meeting on the 'net. The folks are very helpful and there are quite a few EXTREMELY talented painters here. At any given time, there is one or two contests going here.

Thanks for the welcome all.

I'll post some pics of my minis and the one castle I have done as soon as I can get a camera again. The one I have is terrible at taking pictures of minis (although I do have pictures of a few of them) and the castle (no pics of it completed; just WIP), so I have to borrow one from a friend.

Just bear in mind that I'm new to both hobbies.