Nellie Bomb

SurreyLee

Okay, so I confess, I love me a bomb. Something cool about Alpha Striking at will. Is it game changing...it can be. But good players can often stop it if they see it. My issue was that Guild simply doesn't appear to have many options. McCabe and a reactivating Thrall perhaps? 

Now, if this has previously been discussed and known I apologise but last night for the first time I used a Nellie Bomb. 

Nellie. Ronin. Killjoy. Nellie makes the Ronin fast then attacks it twice with propoganda for two 5 inch pushes. Ronin is potentially 16 inches up the table. Ronin can then take three walks and commit suppuku then out pops Killjoy ready for a 1AP charge. To make it even sillier, take Debt to the Guild on Killjoy for min damage 5...potentially 6 attacks. Bearing in mind the Ronin can be 31 inches across the table, the really can get him wherever you want him (Killjoy that is). Passing on activations enough so that when the Ronin goes nothing else can interrupt it is obviously key.

It's expensive, silly but actually good fun. 

I did it last night and took out a pathfinder and pistolero before Perdita and Frank used all their AP to nobble him. So, as a return in SS it wasn't worth it, but the control it gave me won me the game ultimately. 

Anyone else ever used this?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SurreyLee said:

Okay, so I confess, I love me a bomb. Something cool about Alpha Striking at will. Is it game changing...it can be. But good players can often stop it if they see it. My issue was that Guild simply doesn't appear to have many options. McCabe and a reactivating Thrall perhaps? 

Don't play Nellie but that looks like a neat trick.

Had to adress this statement though.

Emissary that buries something out of it's activation turn 1 and whatever placing a scheme marker a bit up the board will give you a model very far up or you walk the emissary up. It's tricky to out-activate completely since we don't have equivalents to the rat engine but some 3ss models can help and we now have spammable 3ss models. The model you drop like this can be Lady J.

McCabe with his emissary can push a model 16 inches and make it nimble by just throwing out upgrades. As you said that model can be a reactivating Thrall.

Hoffman can make his constructs move very far and give them fast. Should let you have two bigass beaters very far up. Machine puppet Howard Langston so he is fast, he is naturally nimble. Machine puppet for fast and make something else nimble with the upgrade and you can have two potent alpha strikers.

The new guild investigators lets you push a model from markers. There is a tactic of using two of them somewhere buried in this subsection I believe that lets you push about 10 inches from just a few marker drops. Also note the Sonnia alpha that is on the first page right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SurreyLee said:

This is my kind of thread.  I like your idea, the ronin is a nice model for bringing out Killjoy.  If you want to take it to another level, bury something like papa or the executioner with a DMR's glimpse.   That way he pops out when something dies.  All the sudden, at the end of the activation, your opponent has two horrible things to have to deal with.  In such a list, I would bring a couple expert sleuths too, to try to continue the pain train early turn two.

2 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

This is my kind of thread.  I like your idea, the ronin is a nice model for bringing out Killjoy.  If you want to take it to another level, bury something like papa or the executioner with a DMR's glimpse.   That way he pops out when something dies.  All the sudden, at the end of the activation, your opponent has two horrible things to have to deal with.  In such a list, I would bring a couple expert sleuths too, to try to continue the pain train early turn two.

Now this sounds like my kind of improvement. Need to check the wording though. The Ronin sacrifices itself, not dies...as such. If it works though, oh boy.

4 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Doesn't Glimpse only bury if there are not any buried models, so you can't do it with Killjoy (Unless you go truly extreme, and have a death marshal recruiter to Glimpse a model, and then a deatjh marshal to bury Killjoy). Of course, Its 4thstringer, so that could easily be the plan...:P

8 minutes ago, Adran said:

Doesn't Glimpse only bury if there are not any buried models, so you can't do it with Killjoy (Unless you go truly extreme, and have a death marshal recruiter to Glimpse a model, and then a deatjh marshal to bury Killjoy). Of course, Its 4thstringer, so that could easily be the plan...:P

Until you mentioned it I couldn't remember how I used to set it up, but that is exactly how I have done it in the past.  It has the added bonus of leaving you with a death marshal who can run schemes and stuff(and I've been meaning to try death marshalls with Nellie anyways, so that is fun too).

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thimblesage said:

Or just take Anna Lovelace.

Anna buries Papa, something with From the Shadows runs into the enemy crew, (best in corner deployment) most likely you have a papa-bomb in the Frey in two activations.

Does this rely on the oppo killing whatever you throw in from the shadows? As if they don't oblige, it's a bit wasted. The beauty of the ronin is I choose when to sac it and when to deliver the Killjoy. Only thing is keeping the Ronin safe. As she has hard to kill, even a good sniper shot will only take her to one wound. Nellie heals her when she gives her fast, then can still give her two pushes potentially without killing her.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Until you mentioned it I couldn't remember how I used to set it up, but that is exactly how I have done it in the past.  It has the added bonus of leaving you with a death marshal who can run schemes and stuff(and I've been meaning to try death marshalls with Nellie anyways, so that is fun too).

Deffo need to look into this combo.

Ok, here is another Killjoy idea.  It wont be a first turn KJ list, but your opponent is going to have to decide where he wants killjoy and an executioner to appear.  I've done this with dogs before, but I like it even more now that 3 pt gg exist.  The damage potential of this list is quite nice too.

LJ Cache 5 - Swordfighter, coffin

DMR- LLC

Executioner- ready to work

Killjoy- debt

4 GG

Scales

Though part of me just wants to get rid of the DMR and Executioner and just run a GG horde with this instead.  4 GG can be ignored.  10 GG they are going to have to decide to kill, and little models aren't a great choice for killing them.

Edited by 4thstringer
More ideas

Speaking of Papa Bomb, has anyone tried Domador de Cadáveres with Papa Loco? would love to hear stories.

Until Your Dying Breath:

When another friendly Living model is killed within :aura6 of one or more models with this Ability, one of those models may discard a card. If it does, the friendly model may take a (1) AP Action before it is removed from play. (If the friendly model heals damage, it is still killed after performing the Action.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1