Guild Investigator Stand Back it's Evidence

Tors

Question

Stand Back! It's Evidence!
Once per activation if a corpse, scrap, or sceme marker is placed within Aura(4) of this model, this model may push any model within 3" of the placed Marker up to 3" in any direction.

As a non-native: How many Models can be pushed by this rule at Once?

7 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Jam Warrior said:

Any does not mean one.

any
ˈɛni/
determiner & pronoun

1. 1.
    used to refer to one or some of a thing or number of things, no matter how much or how many.

In context we have Any = one.

Any model = One model = one target.
If it was any models* then it goes to multiple targets. (Clear example of using any - Pick any model u want, it will be your support. (Choose one from) / Pick any models u want, they will support u (Choose multiple from multiple)).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tors said:

Stand Back! It's Evidence!
Once per activation if a corpse, scrap, or sceme marker is placed within Aura(4) of this model, this model may push any model within 3" of the placed Marker up to 3" in any direction.

As a non-native: How many Models can be pushed by this rule at Once?

:huh:

I only ever interpreted it as one...and my opponents hate it enough with that rule.

I think the word ‘every’ would have been chosen instead of ‘any’ of it were all models, and it does use ‘model’ in the singular instead of the plural. But you’re right that ‘any’ is not the clearest word in our language.

In this context since it's in singular it has to mean any one. If there was a plural involved you could push several. In a different sentence structure there could be some ambiguity but this should be pretty clear. I can definitely see how someone would miss it on a quick read through and can respect that but I don't think it needs faq.

20 minutes ago, Jam Warrior said:

Bumping this as I independently came to the same question and it would be good to have FAQ clarification.

Whilst I believe the intent is probably one, it is definitely able to be read multiple ways.

'A model'

'any one model',

'any modelS'

would all be much clearer!

It's already pretty clear. U place marker u can push any model. Any is not the same as every and means One. So one model places - one model pushes. Don't know how u managed to misunderstand the wording. Don't see any FAQ or Clarify needed.