Nellie is not dead

ElPuto

I'm still fairly new about 3 months in but I'm 35+ games in so far and been playing miniature games for 12+ years. I see why people liked her with mercs but idk if it's needed. The 3 games I've lost were all against rasputina because I failed to go more elite heavy and got blasted to death.

Ive been playing her strictly guild and she performs fantastic. It could be that I'm crutching really hard on riflemen as well ;-) we have been playing with a standard 33% terrain with a mixture of hard/soft cover and LOS blocking. I'll put the list in the bottom. What I've found is she can out activate anyone and drops scheme markers very well while also supporting her army with fast incite etc. 

I read through the whole post snd dont see see a compelling reason not to just play her straight build. Help me understand :-) I'm always looking for a reason to buy more models!

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Nellie 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
   Guild Funds 1ss 
   Misleading Headlines 1ss 
   Delegation 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
   Wrath of the Guild 1ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Captain Dashel 8ss 
   Arrest Him 0ss 
Guild Rifleman 5ss 
Guild Rifleman 5ss 
Watcher 4ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 

2 hours ago, Rionnay said:

I'm still fairly new about 3 months in but I'm 35+ games in so far and been playing miniature games for 12+ years. I see why people liked her with mercs but idk if it's needed. The 3 games I've lost were all against rasputina because I failed to go more elite heavy and got blasted to death.

Ive been playing her strictly guild and she performs fantastic. It could be that I'm crutching really hard on riflemen as well ;-) we have been playing with a standard 33% terrain with a mixture of hard/soft cover and LOS blocking. I'll put the list in the bottom. What I've found is she can out activate anyone and drops scheme markers very well while also supporting her army with fast incite etc. 

I read through the whole post snd dont see see a compelling reason not to just play her straight build. Help me understand :-) I'm always looking for a reason to buy more models!

Declared Faction: Guild 
Crew Name: Nellie 50ss 
Leader: Nellie Cochrane - Cache:(4)
   Guild Funds 1ss 
   Misleading Headlines 1ss 
   Delegation 1ss 
The Printing Press 3ss 
Phiona Gage 8ss 
   Wrath of the Guild 1ss 
   Lead Lined Coat 1ss 
Captain Dashel 8ss 
   Arrest Him 0ss 
Guild Rifleman 5ss 
Guild Rifleman 5ss 
Watcher 4ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Field Reporter 4ss 
Guild Guard 3ss 

I've never tried riflemen with her.  I like it in theory.