bandit upgrade suggestion

Merchant

Rare 3,  1ss

Give the bandit key word and "drop it" trigger  on tomes  (after damaging place a enemy scheme marker within 3" of target) on ML and SH actions.

What do you guys think? This would make alot of thematic as anyone in outcast could join up with parker for some banditry, like taelor is from wave 5 story. As well as increasing parker's options of things to take that wont punish him for not being bandits. 

• Like 1

Yeah, would be nice... but kinda costly. it would as well eat upgrade slots and only benefit the really big models.

Keyword restriction is one of the bigger weaknesses a master can have in malifaux tbh :(

Thats one reason why hamelin, viks and tara are so good in outcast. They have strong mechanics that dont give fcks bout the keywords the crew their "supporting" has. This way they get a much bigger effective hiring pool.

And yes, levi got an even bigger hiring pool be he has to pay for it wirh his shitty mechanics of being a low damage beater master that is forced to hire models above a certain SS-range.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DXXXVIII said:

Thats one reason why hamelin, viks and tara are so good in outcast. They have strong mechanics that dont give fcks bout the keywords the crew their "supporting" has.

To be honest, Hamelin's Pets (Rats Ability) is restricted by keyword (Nihilist). 

I really like the idea for this upgrade, however, Drop it! isn't very good trigger by itself, and right now other upgrades can simply outshine this one.

I don't really use the bandits much but stuff like Abuela has shotgun marriage, the viks can turn things into sisters, jack torments everything forever all the time. Maybe the upgrade could be less about making this model into a bandit but allowing a bandit like mad dog brackett or benny wolcomb to spread out bandit tag and maybe give another minor ability?

Like maybe the upgrade could give an action that removes an enemy scheme marker to give a friendly model the bandit tag and +2 walk till the beginning of this model's next activation? I don't know. It could also have an aura instead so just giving out the bandit tag itself is worthwhile, because other than that all i think it does is let parker draw cards. Maybe a "bandits push X inches towards enemy scheme markers in line of sight at end of turn" aura.

Similarly in Arcanists, the Master that isn't really beholden to a certain key word (Sandeep) really outshines most of the others.

For the upgrade idea, maybe allow you to discard it to take a Sh action or an attack action when you activate? It would be worse than Oathkeeper with the upside of bandit synergy. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DXXXVIII said:

the rats are restricted to be fielded by nihilist. But nihilist isnt restricted to field rats.

Also summoned rats can't activate turn they are summoned unless crew is lead by nihilist.

11 minutes ago, Jinn said:

For the upgrade idea, maybe allow you to discard it to take a Sh action or an attack action when you activate? It would be worse than Oathkeeper with the upside of bandit synergy. 

I really like this idea - it could be nice general upgrade in the next book.