Clarification about attacks without damage flips and relent

TeddyBear

Question

Hi mates!

One clarification please, (i know, question sections that's where i'm more active..)

When for example: my Iggy attacks a friendly voodoo doll, can i choose to relent? How does it works? iggy's attack don't doing damages, so i have always to flip 3 cards?

and another question please.. how does works pandora's attacks? does have she to flip for damages?

Many many thanks and sorry for mistakes!

11 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

thanks..but i knew that i had to pass tn also if i choose to relent with my friendly model.. so if i attack with my iggy my voodoo doll (and choose to relent) don't have to flip three cards..also if it is a duel..

and for pandora can i ask an example please? Her's 2 attack says :" The accuracy modifier
is determined by the result of this duel."

Iggy flips a card for the attack but no cards for damage since the attack only gives burning. Iggy can declare a trigger for the attack but not the voodoo doll.

The accuracy modifier is the duel difference that affects the damage flip. It's - - to damage if tied, - if diff less than 6, no modifier if 6 to 10 and + if 11 or more. It's the same as for any attack, they just clarify it ince it's a little different to most attacks that were out at the time. If ypu relent to her attack you will flip three cards and pick the lowest for damage.

• Thanks 1

When you relent the attack just succeeds and counts as equal to our opponents. The attacker flips for the attack as normal so if you need to beat a Tn you can still fail but the defender doesn't flip. If there is no flip for damage you don't have to flip any cards in that step you just do what it tells you to do.

Pandora flips for damage but she uses the damage track from one of the model's own attacks so it's better against models that have good attacks.

• Thanks 1

thanks..but i knew that i had to pass tn also if i choose to relent with my friendly model.. so if i attack with my iggy my voodoo doll (and choose to relent) don't have to flip three cards..also if it is a duel..

You declare: "Iggy attacks Voodoo Doll, Doll relents"

You then flip one card for Iggy's attack flip, as normal, and apply burning because it succeeded.

That's it. In case the attacker would have a damage track to use, you would flip damage as normal and consider the result to be a tie (ie. :-fate:-fate flip, assuming no other positive or negative modifiers).

and for pandora can i ask an example please? Her's 2 attack says :" The accuracy modifier

That refers to which part of the opponent's damage track to use. Weak/moderate/severe. If Pandora beats her opponent with 1-5 difference she deals weak damage, 6-10 it's moderate, 11+ it's severe.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

Many Thanks!

sorry for this other questions, but so Pandora is consider like she don't have damage track?or no?

"If ypu relent to her attack you will flip three cards and pick the lowest for damage." ------> but in this case, she is the only model can doing highest damage on relent??? (although probably she never will need attack friendly models...)

Every model i the game has the same rules for relenting, you need to flup three cards and pick the lowest because that's how the accuracy modifier affects damage.  if you flip three good cards you could damage your own model for severe damage qhen you relent. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. If you relent to Pandora it works just like relenting to any model with a damage track. Not sure why Pandora wouls go attacking her own modls in the first place.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TeddyBear said:

ah ok, i'm sorry i'm little confused on relent dynamics.. 

if in attack i have a tn i have to make tn also if friendly defending choose to relent? (unless there are black or red i imagine)

Can i cheat on attack and damage flips when i choose to relent?

Yes, you need to beat the Tn and the attacking model can cheat (as long as you don't black joker).

If you do not have a Tn and the defending model relents you will hit even if you flip a black joker or don't reach the defending stat of you model, the relent makes it so you automatically count as a tie.

Basically your attacking model does it like usual with cheating and triggers but the defender doesn't flip and can'tdeclare triggera.

You are never allowed to cheat anything that you have a negative flip on. Relenting automatically gives you a double negative flip to the damage so you would need to be double focused or have some really good plus flip effects on damage to be able to cheat.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ludvig said:

If ypu relent to her attack you will flip three cards and pick the lowest for damage.

8 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

You declare: "Iggy attacks Voodoo Doll, Doll relents"

You then flip one card for Iggy's attack flip, as normal, and apply burning because it succeeded.

That's it. In case the attacker would have a damage track to use, you would flip damage as normal and consider the result to be a tie (ie. :-fate:-fate flip, assuming no other positive or negative modifiers).

That refers to which part of the opponent's damage track to use. Weak/moderate/severe. If Pandora beats her opponent with 1-5 difference she deals weak damage, 6-10 it's moderate, 11+ it's severe.

Many Thanks!

sorry for this other questions, but so Pandora is consider like she don't have damage track?or no?

"If ypu relent to her attack you will flip three cards and pick the lowest for damage." ------> but in this case, she is the only model can doing highest damage on relent??? (although probably she never will need attack friendly models...)

24 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Every model i the game has the same rules for relenting, you need to flup three cards and pick the lowest because that's how the accuracy modifier affects damage.  if you flip three good cards you could damage your own model for severe damage qhen you relent. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. If you relent to Pandora it works just like relenting to any model with a damage track. Not sure why Pandora wouls go attacking her own modls in the first place.

ah ok, i'm sorry i'm little confused on relent dynamics.. 

if in attack there is a tn,  

i have to make the tn, also if friendly defending choose to relent? (unless there are black or red i imagine)

4 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

You are never allowed to cheat anything that you have a negative flip on. Relenting automatically gives you a double negative flip to the damage so you would need to be double focused or have some really good plus flip effects on damage to be able to cheat.

right.... 

Now i know well, thanks Ludvig and sorry for all these stupid questions, but i prefere asking here, and looks like fool, for learning well to play!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TeddyBear said:

Anytime you have one or more :-fate on a flip you may not cheat. Assuming that the attacker had no other :+fate or :-fate affecting the attack then they would be able to cheat on the attack flip but not the damage flip when the defender relents. This is because the damage flip is at a :-fate:-fate due to the attacking and defending duel totals being tied.

If you had an effect that gave at least :+fate:+fate to the damage flip then you could be allowed to cheat when the defender relents (Johan making a melee attack against a friendly construct would end up at a straight damage flip that could be cheated).