Schemes & Stones Master Spotlight Sandeep

Khyodee

Sounds pretty good, I don't think the guest convinced me on the Essence of Power but it's an interesting idea :P I don't think you mentioned that the Effigy can Beacon something with a :tome, discard for Student of All to summon a Gamin (usually Banasuva IMO), then Accomplice into it for an instant summon activation.  Very handy when needed!

2 minutes ago, retnab said:

Sounds pretty good, I don't think the guest convinced me on the Essence of Power but it's an interesting idea :P I don't think you mentioned that the Effigy can Beacon something with a :tome, discard for Student of All to summon a Gamin (usually Banasuva IMO), then Accomplice into it for an instant summon activation.  Very handy when needed!

Because it's not enough to make your opponent hate you for getting 2-3 models to act in a single activation, chain activate into a model that didn't exist until this model's activation!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spooky_squirrel said:

Because it's not enough to make your opponent hate you for getting 2-3 models to act in a single activation, chain activate into a model that didn't exist until this model's activation!

*Neverborn player looks up from painting the Dreamer*

I'm sorry, you were gloating about something special? Because it doesn't look that special to me... Oh, Teddy, you're so much fun to summon with Mr. Tannen's "help"...

5 minutes ago, iamfanboy said:

I'm sorry, you were gloating about something special? Because it doesn't look that special to me... Oh, Teddy, you're so much fun to summon with Mr. Tannen's "help"...

Maybe not too special, but suddenly Banasuva without Slow or a Gamin who can interact immediately is extremely nice to pull off :D 

59 minutes ago, iamfanboy said:

Not gloating, but I know from experience that my local meta still gets headaches from how Sandeep plays. What you're glossing over is that Sandeep hasn't activated yet and there's a chain activating summoned Gamin going to work. Dreamer and Teddy summoning takes some set up--this delivery can happen the first activation of the first turn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spooky_squirrel said:

Not gloating, but I know from experience that my local meta still gets headaches from how Sandeep plays. What you're glossing over is that Sandeep hasn't activated yet and there's a chain activating summoned Gamin going to work. Dreamer and Teddy summoning takes some set up--this delivery can happen the first activation of the first turn.

I was mostly cracking wise - it certainly moved the Arcane Effigy up on my priority list to buy when I get around to Sandeep.

• Like 2

I mean you should probably be taking the Arcane Effigy in almost every Arcanist list. There's just very few better ways to spend 4 SS. condition removal an extra 1 damage on each of your master's attacks, significant, hard to kill and a decent walk of 5 for 4ss?? When you add in Sandeep's efficiency things get even nuttier

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Franchute said:

What are your opinions about poison gamins? Do you really think they are useless?

If I have the 9 in hand I actually like to summon them as the highest accuracy ranged attacks, but even then the Fire Gamin's increased range is hard to argue against.

46 minutes ago, Franchute said:

What are your opinions about poison gamins? Do you really think they are useless?

If I'm doing something that works off of poison, they rate higher, otherwise there's other things I could do with that 5 stones at hiring.

If I have the 9:mask in hand, they are a little tougher than other potential hires (except the Metal Gamin), so I always think about whether or not I want one with Commands the Wind on it near where the fighting is happening. What I've found is that I need something as quick as Wind Gamin to flit around and support the line where needed or to run schemes, and sometimes I want to be able to use Magnetism off of the Metal Gamin (opposing constructs, like a freshly summoned Teddy, Stitched Together, or something with heinous armor and relatively low wounds). If I don't need either of these and I don't foresee using the Poison Gamin's abilities with Banasuva, then I'll hire in something like the Wind Gamin if the fight is wider spread (Interference), or the Metal Gamin if I need it to help hold ground (Extraction).

If I'm bringing in a Performer and looking to do more with poison, then the Poison Gamin ends up in the pool of "things that bring poison to the table" as the only one that Sandeep can summon.

• Like 1

It was mentioned during the episode about copying Flaming Demise off Fire gamin and copying Magnetism from the metal gamin. You actually can't copy Flaming Demise (Because it's on banasuva's card), and it's not useful (unless you're reactivating him w/ the mech rider) to borrow Magnetism (Because it's also a (0) action). 

• Like 4