Cheat on Relent and Accuracy Modifier

Dassenkop

Question

Having only recently 'discovered' relent and the possibility for the attacker to cheat I wondered about the following.

My model attacks another friendly model. I decide to relent which means only the attacking model will flip a card.

Suppose I flip a #13 card resulting in a tie. Now I/the attacking model decide(s) to cheat with a #1 card with a suit in order to hit the trigger for the attack. Is this still result still considered a tie?

For the accuracy modifier do I flip :-fate:-fate (3 cards, pick the lowest)? ... or do I flip :-fate (2 cards, pick the lowest) since the 'cheated' 1 card resulted in a 1-5 difference vs the initial tie?

5 answers to this question

A model that relents automatically ties the attacker's final Duel total, which is the total after Cheating or any other modifications are used. So if a Ca 5 model attacks and flips a 13, then cheats a 1 for the suit, the defender will tie with a 6. If the attacker didn't cheat after flipping the 13, the defender would tie with an 18. If a model relents, the damage flip will always be at :-fate:-fate for tieing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dassenkop said:

Count me as one of those that see BJ as autofail in this case. Thx. for additional comment.

BJ is not a autofail.   It counts a unsuited Zero.    If I was attacking Teddy (Df 3) with a MI 6.  I flip a BJ and Teddy flips a 3 or less.  I would still be winning. 

• Like 1