Risky Wiskey? (Golem)

DanteJH

Hi all, I'm a fairly new gremlin player who is getting a whiskey golem very soon. After reading over him card and some upgrades (sorry papa wyrd) I've come to the conclusion that he appears a very good model with fantastic movement, a cost appropriate attack and great defensive capabilities. He also has three upgrades that each help him in a different way, hide in the mud keeps him safe en route to his target, angry drunk makes him pack even more punch and his 0 cost upgrade gives him a 50% chance to heal on EVERY melee attack. Speaking of healing can we talk about his built in healing as well as being great with earl burns? I don't have the brewmaster but the upgrade drinking problem lets him heal double. Then I started thinking, I've never seen anyone play with the golem or even talk about him in my community and podcasts I listen to. So I ask the larger community, why don't you take the whiskey golem? 

At 10ss he's quite an investment, he's mobile enough, but actually less hitty than you'd think. For a beater, you'd really like that 3rd swing rather than nimble.  After all, beaters don't often have to chase down targets so much when they are already Wk6.

his Ml range is a little small too - and with it sometimes being annoying to get his big base through gaps without flight/incorporeal or similar, other gremlin models pack more punch for cheaper cost and ease of use.

that said, I don't always believe all these arguments and I do use him from time to time myself.

• Like 4

I must agree with Joel 100%.

Whiskey Golem doesn't suck outright or anything but he can be a bit clumsy on certain boards and his endurance is a bit weird and he can be brought down somewhat easily if properly concentrated upon. His engagement reach is his most critical limitation, IMO. If he had a 3" reach I would use him a lot more.

But I wish to stress that he isn't horrible and he has his place. And he does have fun synergies around. For example, Sparks and Mechpork offer fun stuff for him.

• Like 2

I love him with Mah, since he's fast enough to keep up with her.  I have a hard time with his Ml range, but it isn't the worst thing in the world.  I have a hard time deciding between his new upgrade or his old one to get Flurry.  Being able to Flurry after taking a nimble walk action is pretty powerful in my opinion, even if you lose the healing factor he gets.