Any good Malifaux painting blogs / tutorials?

CapnBloodbeard

So I haven't painted in so long that I feel like I've forgotten how to....I know there are plenty of tutorials on techniques out there, but I was wondering - any step-by-step tutorials or blogs on painting Malifaux minis out there?  I know there are heaps on some of the bigger/older systems, but any on Malifaux?  Just to get a real idea on how a look was achieved.

Unfortunately I have Vallejo Game Colour - the colours are a bit too garish for my liking for malifaux.  I think all the best work tends to be muted colours, but I'm not buying a stack of new paints for that, so I'll need to search through the painting forum for pics of minis I like with garish colours :P

• 1 month later...

Mix all your paints with browns, greys and black and you should be set ;) 

The excellent Johan and Elinore who are both really good painters have done some tutorials on malifaux.se. The entire site is in english to cater to an international crowd so don't worry about the swedish domain name.

• 1 month later...

Try mixing your paints, don't use paint straight out of the pot. And miniatures won't look garish.

I have a you tube channel where I'm posting video tutorials and 360 views of miniatures. At the moment I'm doing step by step Ice Golem series including sculpting a scenic base and painting.  

My You Tube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_AHXT4ycU6tNOPhjiWTQlw/videos