A Twist of Fate, 1 Day, 50SS, 17th September, Wrexham

maddan12

Coming soon to a gaming shop near you! (if you happen to live in the Wrexham/Chester Environs)

We will be hosting our very first tournament "A Twist of Fate" at

4th Planet Games

Bank St

Wrexham

LL11 1AH

Shop phone number: 01978 357713 (to call if you get lost on the day)

The event will be on: Saturday 17th September

Registration will be between: 10:00 - 10:30 so try to arrive before registration closes to allow everything to be sorted out for the first match

Entry will be: £10 (This includes the LGS play fee, entry to the Prize Draw and a free bottled drink)

This can be paid in cash on the day or by PayPal to mad_dan12@hotmail.com, if paying on PayPal please include: real name, forum name, "Twist of Fate" and your faction. Once you have paid I will be editing this post to keep a list of players.

The event will be fixed faction, 50ss

The event will follow the Gaining Grounds 2016 Rules with exceptions outlined in the tournament rules pack.

Also being on the optimistic side I will say that places are limited to no more than 18 players (This allows a comfortable amount of space in the area we have)

The event will be cancelled and full refunds given in the unlikely even of having less than 4 entrants.

If we meet the requirements of 8 players scores will be submitted to the Malifaux UK Rankings

Feel free to ask any questions and keep an eye out for the tourney pack and schemes and strategies pools which will be posted up sometime in August

Paid

@Reservoir Dog

@KevinGillett +1

@PositronMike

Edits* If we meet the requirements of 8 players scores will be submitted to the Malifaux UK Rankings

@PositronMike The venue is down a small side arcade, there is parking nearby uploaded a map, all the red dots are carparking (pay and display I'm afraid)

Eagles Meadow is a big multi-storey attached to a retail complex, Water world is a council run car park, Island green is attached to another shopping complex, there are some other smaller ones too.

I'll dig around for free parking and let you know if I find anything

@Reservoir Dog That's great, just remember all the info for the paypal payment and drop me a message on here to let me know when you've paid also (internet is not very good on the vessel I am on atm so its an effort to check things like paypal) But have no fear once you is paid your name will go up. for now i'll put you in the interested list :)

Rule pack, scheme strategy pool all coming in the next few days.

map.png

Prize pack has arrived, if there is 8 players everyone will be getting a guilder to go towards the nice new guilder program, (if there is more than eight the winner will get a winners guilder and the rest will go into the raffle so still good chance to win one)

Rules pack is coming just some final tweaks and re reading

Here is the rules pack for those who are interested, sadly I can't upload the nice pdf I created so will copy and paste from the rulespack here:

The Tournament Format

The event will follow the Gaining Grounds 2016, with the following exceptions;

Proxy, Conversion, and Painting Rules

Proxies are allowed as long as they are appropriate representations of the model they stand for. Wyrd models may only be used to represent what they are, unless they are converted. Please check in advance with the organizer for suitability.

Conversions are an excellent way to show off your modeling skills and as such we will accept the use of conversions, players using conversions should try to avoid a too heavily converted crew (by which we mean it will be difficult for your opponent to keep track of what is what).

Models must be assembled and attached to the appropriate size base. The minimum painting requirement is undercoat. However, there will be a prize for the best-painted Single figure.

Tournament Rules

Number of Rounds and Schedule

10:00   Venue open & registration

10:30   Round 1

Strategy: Turf War

Schemes: Convict labour, Exhaust their forces, Leave your mark, Neutralize the leader & Undercover entourage

Deployment: Standard

12:30   Lunch and painting judging

13:30   Round 2

Strategy: Extraction

Schemes: Convict labour, Occupy their turf, Show of force, Catch and release & Leave your mark.

Deployment: Flank

15:30   Round 3

Strategy: Head Hunter

Schemes: Convict labour, Exhaust their forces, Search the ruins, Hunting party & Detonate the charges.  

Deployment: Corner

17:30   Prizes, congratulations, speeches, tears, joy and closing time

Crew Construction

Single Faction

Prior to the start of the Tournament, each player will sign up with a specific Faction.

At the start of each round, the players will hire their Crew for the Encounter up to 50SS including Upgrades.

Terrain Setup

Terrain will be placed in advance and must not be moved by the players.

Entry

To enter send £10 by PayPal to mad_dan12@hotmail.com as a gift (include your forum name and proposed Faction) or pay me in cash beforehand. This will cover your play fee at 4th Planet Games (So no additional fees) and will enter you into the prize draw

A list of entrants (and Factions where known) will be maintained on the Wyrd forum post.

Prizes will be awarded based on the number of entries.

However, we aim to have the following:

1st, 2nd & 3rd place (Trophies, certificates and Guilders)

Last place (wooden spoon and guilder)

Best painted miniature (Painted by you and from your chosen faction) (A plaque, bragging rights and a guilder)

Plus a prize draw raffle (This will be a random assortment of gaming and malifaux related goodies, such as mystery boxes, spare guild scrip, store vouchers and resin bases to name but a few)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah (this is my first tournament so please make suggestions where you think something might be good to change)

Be glad to have you, please let me know so i can make sure we will have enough space a few days notice will be fine (just might have to frantically build more terrain lol

• Like 1

Read the strategies and schemes, glued new models to paint this weekend accordingly. Me and my bro have more of an idea what to expect this time (my 3rd, his 2nd tournament) instead of learning the strategy 5 mins before the round starts!

Well looking forward to this, hardly played yet but getting into the game and fluff more and more

Yes i will do that..sorry still learning,

@PositronMike if you could bring some terrain i would appreciate it,

i'm still building our local stock and we have enough for 3 tables for sure (with another one/two made of other wargame scenery) 

I'll edit the original post with the days deployments 

Huge thank you to everyone who came down today, put up with my unpreparedness and a slightly rushed ending, I learnt alot and I hope to get to some local tournaments and hope we can build a nice scene here in the north Wales borders. Again massive thanks and congratulations to all who participated. Especial congratulations to @PositronMike for 1St place

@Reservoir Dog for 2nd and best painted 

@Neverborndave for 3Rd 

• Like 1