On 2/7/2017 at 3:30 AM, Kurai said:

I love the fur on your Yokai! What colors did you use?

Thank you!

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure for the fur I started with Vallejo Game Color Bone White (BW) as a base, gave it a few very light washes with GW Agrax Earhshade, maybe with a tiny bit of GW Nuln Oil mixed in.  Then I highlighed with more BW then with a mix of BW and white, then more highlighting with just pure white.  I highlighted the faces with more pure white than I normally would have because I wanted a skull like look.

You might also want to check out the first post in this thread.  I've added more info on some of my techniques.

• Like 1

A bunch of models I painted up for a friend.  They aren't to my usual standard, but I still like them.  I also want pics of them since they will soon leave my possession.

FYI - My photography skill is not so good.  There is more contrast that what you see here, so the darks are darker; the lights are lighter and the transitions are not as as smooth in real life.

Greg-Zoraida-001a.JPG

Greg-BadJuju-001a.JPG

Greg-Sylarids-001a.JPG

Greg-SpawnMother-001a.JPG

Greg-Gups-001a.JPG

Greg-McTavish-001a.JPG

Greg-BayouGators-001a.JPG

Greg-WildBoars-001a.JPG

Greg-CoruptedHounds-001a.JPG

Greg-NightHaunts-001a.JPG

• Like 4

On 2/16/2017 at 10:38 PM, Burnin' Coal said:

Lucky friend ! I like the muted tones on the Silurids and the Night Terrors with the way you have based them look excellent 

Thank you.

Last of the figures for my buddy.  I really need to figure out how to set up the camera on this new phone.  The colors are way too flat and muted.  You can barley see the difference in the dark red and light red on the Razorspine.

Greg-Shikome-001a.JPG

Greg-Beasts-001a.JPG

Greg-Constructs-001a.JPG

• Like 1

Terracotta Warriors
Pretty basic paint job, and probably the wrong color for terracotta, but I wanted them to match the pavers I use on all my bases.  I considered making parts metalic, or have paint pealing off them, but in the end its nice to have a very simple paint job once in a while.
10T-TerracottaWarriors-001a.JPG

Akaname
There is more varaiation in the colors than these photos show, not as much as I'd like on the two brownish ones.
Oni-Akaname-001a.JPG

The green one is my fav.
Oni-Akaname-002a.JPG

• Like 7

I've started reworking the red jorogumo.  I broke off the top of the glaive, unfortunately one of the models that were not designed to survive the table top, so I've replaced that.  I've also been wanting to make an Asami-gumo.  In the end I decided just go with a female Jororgumo.  The only real difference would probabaly be the hair and back of the head.

I've never really be happy with how the red turned out, so I'm gong to do some work on that as well, I still haven't decided what though...

Oni-Jorogumo-003c.jpg

• Like 2