Whiskey Golem - When and how to use it?

Vidd

I'm far from the only one to spot the preview, I'm sure.

So when do you take this model? Does it have a use beyond Brewmaster crews or does it only exist to spread around Poison?

Am I missing any tricks with it, other than to walk up and hit things, dispensing conditions while doing so?

It's a good beatstick that generally needs support to function effectively. Too fragile to be left to its own devices. Obey it to use Fine Craftsmanship before or after its activation. Heal it with Take a Swig. Obey it, or use Trixie to push it into position, also taking advantage of Nimble to get as many attacks as possible, 3 a turn sounds about right. Have Brewmaster smack its targets with Swill. Ml 6 hits just about anything that has double negative to Df. Have Wong make it Glowy for extra damage and Regeneration. Use Somer to build in its Poison +2 trigger.

I think it's going to find the most use with either Zoraida or Brewmaster simply because of Obey, and how much more effective it makes the beast. You're paying 12 stones if you take Angry Drunk, so you're going to want to Flurry every turn, if you can, and 1 Walk isn't always going to do it. Z makes this trivial, and Brewy just needs the Mask. Trixie also helps in this department. Sparks will also be a godsend, giving the thing Fast, provided that he keeps that ability. A Fast Golem, pushed/Obeyed into position can Flurry and use Fine Craftsmanship to sit there being terrible, and wailing away on your debuffed enemies, doing, probably, on average 12-14 points of damage in an activation then just hanging out with Df 7 and Armor + 1.

• Like 2

Guys, since the topic here is the Whiskey Golem and using it properly, I have some question about the mechanics of Poison that I have not seen answered yet.

If during the upkeep phase a poisoned model suffers one damage point from the poison condition (which cannot be reduced or negated) and then lowers the condition's value by 1 (removing it if it gets to 0) and the damage suffered is not increased by the value of the Poison condition, then doesnt this mean that the Whiskey Golem and Brewmaster and others that thrive on poison shenaningans can only cause 1 point of damage per turn, even if the enemy has suffered Poision +5 during the turn?

But in that case, what can Brewie or the Golem do if they cause Poison 6+ (for ex.) on any target, which will suffer only one wound at the end of the turn?

And what happens to all those other poison points they get? They just stack from one turn to another?

Is there any other way other than going Mcmourning to make them collapse out of poison or any form of capitalizing on the extra points they suffered and didnt caused any harm?

Performers with the sip of Wine trigger will make use of that poison. If you put poison +6 on a model, then for the next 6 turns it will take 1 damage until the poison ends.

brewmaster also hands out WP penalties equal to a models poison condition (up to -3), so likes them to be quite high.

It is my preferred ten stone beatstick. It can do speed, durability, control and smashing face. Handy in missions where you need speed (Stake/Headhunter), but also want to have some damage dealt.

The poison is nice, but it's best strength is that it doesn't need to be supported by the rest of the crew (ala Gracie, Mancha). You just wind it up and let it go.

I like this one too, but still prefer the Nightmare one.

Besides he is Rare 1, so will not be purchasing this last edition, I'll stick to my rootbeer transparent edition.

and the the fact he is babysitting Bayou Gremlins all around just makes it even cooler.

• 2 weeks later...

Another useful ability is the bonus to his Df stat. Take the free walk to engage a model or models, buff your Df with the 1 action and then take Defensive Stance (1). With a couple of high cards it will be very difficult to hurt him or to leave his engage due to disengaging strikes. It's a good way to start the bubble for next turn...... 

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, Von Woozle said:

But other conditions stack don't they

It depends on how the condition is worded. If a condition is "Something +1" then it stacks - like Poison, or Burning. If the condition is called "Something", then it does not stack with itself. However, there is no limit on how many different conditions there can be on a single model.

• Like 1