Starting with Gremlins, maybe Brewmaster

hussar1m

Realizing that most of the gremlin models are not out yet, if a newbie was interested in starting with gremlins and liked Brewmaster, what should they buy?  Probably (obviously) the boxed set when it comes out, but what else if you could only choose one or two more items?  Would the models in the Ophelia set be good?  How about Som'er Teeth?  Or maybe Bishop?  Is brewmaster even a good starter crew?  Really could use some advise.

thanks

Hrm, there are some more experienced Brewmaster players around these parts, but I think he's a bit of a more complicated Master overall.  At least compared to some of our other options.

It will really depend on what comes in the Somer box set I suppose, but between the two I think I'd probably recommend Ophelia.  There's more of a chance you might like to include models like Francois and Rami with Brewmaster than you'll want to include generic Bayou Gremlins.  Also, Ophelia will offer you a very different style to the Brewmaster so you'll have some options.  She's an offensive powerhouse.  He's a lockdown/control trickster.

I would agree that the Brewmaster tends toward a non-standard play style that can be frustrating to learn. Ophelia (and the Lacroix's) is probably the easiest of the current Gremlin masters to learn. My own proclivity is for Som'er but he can also have a bit of a high learning curve (and higher cost of entry).

The Ophelia box tends to have the "go to" models for gremlins so is probably one of the more optimized first purchases. The Lacroix's augment most of the other gremlin crews fairly well regardless of chosen master so they also provide a good launching point into the faction as a whole.

• Like 1