With a Flourish and discarding Soulstones

Gujozec

Question

I have a question about Sybelle's With a Flourish trigger she gets with the Bleeding Tongue upgrade. It makes the model she damaged discard either two cards or two Soulstones, or it dies immediately.

In my last game Sybelle got this trigger when damaging my Flesh Construct. I only had one card left in my hand, so discarding two cards was not an option. I wanted to discard two SS then, but my opponent said I couldn't do that because Flesh Construct can't use Soulstones.

My question is: does a model have to be normally able to use Soulstones to opt for discarding 2 SS in this situation? And in general, does a model have to be normally able to use SS to be able to discard SS?

7 answers to this question

The Flesh Construct can't use Soulstones to enhance a duel, or to prevent damage (because he's not a Master or Henchman), but there's nothing in the rules preventing him from discarding soulstones on this occasion.

There used to be an ability called "Use Soulstone" which all Masters had - this is now gone. Instead, each different way of using Soulstones specifies who is able to take that action, and if no restriction is specified then it would seem that any model can do it.

• Like 1