Scoring VP...

phatheadaf

What strategies and schemes were you using?

We can probably help, but some specifics are needed.

Eg. If your schemes were plant explosives and spring the trap, but you didn't drop any scheme markers and instead you tabled your opponent, I think it would be obvious where you went wrong...

(Hopefully you didnt do this)

I think some more is needed here :)

What info do you need? I'm happy to supply it all!

A.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

What strategies and schemes were you using?

We can probably help, but some specifics are needed.

Eg. If your schemes were plant explosives and spring the trap, but you didn't drop any scheme markers and instead you tabled your opponent, I think it would be obvious where you went wrong...

(Hopefully you didnt do this)

Well, maybe I can phrase better, what schemes should I be looking for? I think in 4 of the games we flipped Squatters Rights. I didn't feel like that was so bad, it's a center strategy not requiring me to go across the board. As my opponent was coming to the scheme markers I was taking his pieces off the board. Seemed good, but it didn't keep me in the game. Seeing as I was generally slower, I didn't think it prudent to exasperate that by running to the centerline to be down on both VP and attrition.

Regarding schemes, I try to pick the ones that require me to kill things (murder protege etc.) However I don't always flip those, and if not I try to pick the schemes that allow me to flip scheme markers on my side of the table (meaning I can stay home and fire at my opposing crew).

Is there something flawed in my logic? I'm a Guild player and own every Crew (except for McCabe). Currently I play Lady J and Criid.

Love to hear your thoughts...

A.

What is in your crews?

You'll want to deny your opponent schemes while at the same time securing your own. Think about what your opponent might be taking.

A good scheme to take for you might be Line in the Sand. Always available and if your tabling your opponent placing scheme markers on the center line should be easier for you.

When I take Line in the Sand I always announce it, and most of the time take the Plant Evidence upgrade. Allows a 4 inch move and place scheme marker if you survive the end of the game, which can get some extra VP at the end of the game.

What is in your crews?

You'll want to deny your opponent schemes while at the same time securing your own. Think about what your opponent might be taking.

A good scheme to take for you might be Line in the Sand. Always available and if your tabling your opponent placing scheme markers on the center line should be easier for you.

When I take Line in the Sand I always announce it, and most of the time take the Plant Evidence upgrade. Allows a 4 inch move and place scheme marker if you survive the end of the game, which can get some extra VP at the end of the game.

My crews are mostly standard from the box, especially since Wave 1 is all we are working with currently. Additionally I'm still learning so not comfortable enough to start changing lists. However I like your suggestion on the upgrade; I'm definitely going to give that a try.

Any other ideas?

A.

I am not a guild player, but play ALOT against them. As other have said it would be useful to know your strats and schemes. Ur opponents faction is important to. In terms of interact based schemes perdita can push for free so can potentially drop 2 scheme markers a turn. An opponent of mine used the judge to pull Sonnia along In a game of stake a claim to drop claim markers. A number of models make interacts before they die, or can be given upgrades before they do so and can/can't austringer make other models interact?

From my own experience of coming from 1.5 to M2E I was taking really hitty crews, tabling some people and still losing by 4 vp. Just because you can attack doesn't mean you should....games are about VP. With a little more time you will get your head around the new schemes- that was by far the hardest adjustment for most of our local gaming group! Keep playing and ONLY pick a crew AFTER scheme selection, otherwise u may be on the back foot from the start, with a crew which isn't designed for the mission it's trying to achieve: you wouldn't use a hammer to tighten a bolt or a wrench to saw a piece of wood! Hope this helps :)

Edited by McDoogle
Dyslexia...!

So, as a general rule of thumb, if my master is standing in front of an opposing master (with in threat range) with a real chance to remove that master from the table, but also has a chance to score a couple of VP.

Should I pass on the opportunity to take out the opposing Master and score the VP instead?

A.

So, as a general rule of thumb, if my master is standing in front of an opposing master (with in threat range) with a real chance to remove that master from the table, but also has a chance to score a couple of VP.

Should I pass on the opportunity to take out the opposing Master and score the VP instead?

A.

Depends heavily on the circumstances. If by killing him it would make it a lot easier for you to take VP or it hinders you opponent from taking VP the rest of the game, then it is a plausible strategy. If it does leave you without VP and doesn´t really make it easier for you then let him be.

What ever I do in a game always depends on what effect it will have on my ability to end up winning...unless I am just playing around or already have what I need to win.

A.

It's turn 4/5 at a tournament. If I can win the game by achieving vp I'd go vp everytime. If I felt the opposing master was going to cost me vp or score vp I would tie them up or try to kill it.

You can get up the table ASAP to chuck down marked early in the game or slowly advance up. If the latter u will have to achieve your schemes later in the game, so from that point of view it depends how you play.

I still think u need to look at ur crew selection and think "why am I taking this model...?" In a crew I take for scene market based games I take a doppelgänger, tot and animal shape zoraida to achieve schemes. Candy and a waldegeist ate speed bumps to stop opponents achieving theirs an then I have a big hitter in a mature nephilim. That's the build with reasoning, rather than "bishop, candy, nurse, hitters which would just try to

Kill my opponent. It's about taking as many tools as you can and using them in the right situation.