What *ARE* scheme markers?

moxypoo

Since M2E has moved more towards a scheme based VP system, where we have to drop these little guys all over the board, what are they?

We know they can be gnawed on by rats, devoured by Steam Arachnids, peed on by Cojo, and moved by the Winds of Fate, so they must be physical objects. Is it as simple as your crew planting a sign, or is it something more ephemeral?

I ask, because my group has been talking about making scheme markers for our games instead of just using empty bases. Then, I got the idea of making an individual set for each of my crews (as if I'm not already way behind on painting :facepalm:)!

I'd love to hear some thoughts, and especially pictures of what other people have come up with!

Well, for generic 3d ones Im thinking brick walls with (faction symbol) etched or chalked or bled onto them. For specific ones:

Colette - Want to have stage props; trap doors, curtains, two halves of a box sawed in two, that sort of thing

Tara - Been making creepy tendrils of smoke and glue for her

Collodi - For sure making ads for the puppet show

Thanks for the responses!

@ Mister Shine: Great ideas. For my Tara, I was thinking obsidian Obelisks to simulate her connection to Obliteration (whose prison was made from obsidian, I believe).

@ Guardian: Good point. I'll have to think of something to deal with the "standing on them" issue.

What do people think they are fluff-wise? Is your master just marking his/her territory in someway?