Signs that book 4 W1 miniatures are M2E and not M1E

ThePandaDirector

Now as far as I am aware, the book 4 plastics from wave 1 now have M2E stat cards in them.

I did pick up the Rail Crew before, but my friend has the 10T arsenal deck so it's fine. However, I do want to pick up the Rail Golem and Metal Gamin without needing the Arcanist arsenal deck, and I figure if they do have the M2E cards then everything should be dandy.

But my question is, what indication is there that these sets are M2E? On the Wyrd store the front of the box is the same as M1E, so the only indication is that it's in the M2E section and not M1E. However, I am buying from Wayland Games and they have no such seperation. Did Wyrd recall stock or am I supposed to determine whether the stock they have is the remains of M1E or just M2E?

I figure this must have been answered elsewhere, but it's no doubt buried under discussions of the arsenal decks.

I'm didnt hear anything about stock being recalled, but I believe Wyrd have put a sticker or some such on the front of M2e boxes labelling them as containing the new cards. All well and good if you're picking up from a bricks and mortar store... Ordering online though, it's not gonna be easy to specify that you want an M2E box, and I haven't seen any online retailers making the distinction on their sites.

I think it might be pot luck at the moment unless the retailer is obliging

That's what I feared. Wayland Games never has been very good at providing information, I mean they have the plastic Rotten Belles up for preorder alongside a picture of the metal models.

A store did open recently, not too far from me, so I might be better off getting in touch with them. Guess that way I get the assurance I need and support a local store at the same time. Win win =]

But for future note, I don't know what info Wyrd give retailers, but it might be in their interest to ensure some of the sillier mistakes (see above) don't occur.

Yeah, I kinda figured most of the problems lay with the distributers/retailers. Though perhaps updated pictures with a digitally added M2E sticker would help online retailers (or rather those who shop online). Sure they could state in the product description that it's M2E, but then that would make too much sense.

Since I'm going to have to wait for the rulebook, I might pick up some models instead (Rail Golem: "I chew chew choose you"). I'll be sure to tell my "local" retailer to make sure the stock he gets have the M2E stickers.