it finally came...Po Boys Terrain crowdfunding live!

harbinger

This stuff couldn't have come at a better time! I've just started making my own "dust town" style board and these are PERFECT!!! Payday is nearly upon me, expect backing!

--EDIT--

Just a quick question. I'll more than likely be backing for the Wave 1 Starter Set as it suits my purposes down to a tee. As I'm based in the UK do I need to include additional funds for postage when pledging? If so can you give me an idea how much?

Edited by MasterDisaster

This stuff couldn't have come at a better time! I've just started making my own "dust town" style board and these are PERFECT!!! Payday is nearly upon me, expect backing!

--EDIT--

Just a quick question. I'll more than likely be backing for the Wave 1 Starter Set as it suits my purposes down to a tee. As I'm based in the UK do I need to include additional funds for postage when pledging? If so can you give me an idea how much?

$5

If we dont hit 50k, how much for a riverboat anyway?

I want the riverboat. It sings a siren song to me

Ive had a couple emails and facebook comments suggesting the same thing. I would love to do that (though the cost wont be cheap.. its lot of materials) but do have a reservation. I dont want people that pledged with hopes of getting it for free to feel like Im double dipping by asking for more money. I truly do want to see the paddle boat out there on tables, I have no doubts that exposure would make breaking into the industry a guarantee for me as it is going be both unique and impressive. If had to do over, I would of offered it as a perk from day one instead of a stretch goal.

** 4 free distressed sets remaining

Edited by harbinger

no zFiend, just contribute again and choose no perk then add it in. I keep a separate spreadsheet that I update as each person pledges, since it sorts by name I can instantly tell when someone has come back and added something like shipping. The only time I need notified is if someone is getting a add on building or pitched roofs. Sadly the platform doesnt allow for an automated way to handle the add ons.

Dont feel bad about forgetting the shipping, quite a few international has and then come back a day latter and done so. I keep a list and will shoot out reminders to those that miss it.

Dont feel bad about forgetting the shipping, quite a few international has and then come back a day latter and done so. I keep a list and will shoot out reminders to those that miss it.

If I'm domestically located to you (I'm in Michigan, USA so based on your FL location I'm assuming I am) do I need to pledge anything for shipping, or is that cost included in the sets' pledge amounts?

Thanks, and best of luck with the continuing campaign! :)

I'd also thin about a neww thread, with a more descriptive title. Maybe get the mods to change it?

I'd update the Original Post with info too.

With picture and links, etc.

This thread doesn't start talking about your campaign till page 2..

Just a few thoughts.

I can change the title, or split off all the discussion about the campaign into a new thread and put a link in this thread, if you'd like.

I've renamed it, the discussion starts early enough and with the new first post it seems like the simplest way. Your signature isn't showing in your early posts, so I added a link to the first post for it too.

Terrain projects aren't going to get you in trouble, I'd reckon - when the crowdfunding is over and you're onto regular stuff that you want to promote a bit, I'm sure posting up a new thread will be fine *wink*

Looks promising. Backed!

Good luck with the campaign. I would really love that boat.

Welcome aboard!!

I want to take a moment and share something off the first pledged report. At this point; sets will be played on in US, Australia, (unspecified) Europe, Canada, Sweden, United Kingdom, Croatia, Germany, France, Netherlands, Japan, and the Philippines. I am floored.

We have also reached the 50% funding mark in 4 days!!! I am up on toes doing the Snoopy dance... and if any you let that slip to my war vet group, Im packing up my Kaeris crew and coming to hand out a Malifaux stomping on your own new table :P

Edited by harbinger

This was just the type of project I've been waiting for! More than happy to back it! Bummer on missing out on that play mat, but, what are you gonna do?

Thanks for making such an awesome, affordable terrain fund!

Welcome aboard!!!

Yeah I would loved to been able give out more mats but two things.. First Im totally eating the price of them out my pocket. Second, the initial test run is only 53 units. %0 to pledgers, 1 for myself, 1 for business partner, and 1 for my local game store. Im happy with the design and confident it would hold up to play, but want get reports after 2 months use by multiple gamers before declare is commercial and add it to my line up.

Thanks for your support and welcome to Wyrd forums!!! if think you can hang out here and not get addicted to malifaux your seriously mistaken :P This game gets under your skin fast.

The the buildings come pre-stained as seen in the video. The colored examples you see are whats possible if the customer paints, and techniques are explained in the ebook guide that comes with your order. To get the exact color you see on the distressed; they would be stained a grey... you do a simple white highlight then wash with a black (I use a home made version of citadel) Thats exact process used in the pic your referring to, finishing the models is pretty easy if dont want the natural stained color.

The actual distressing of the wood to give the ghost town effect is done by hand before staining, and as nagash13 said is time consuming on our end, hence the charge. You dont know how lucky you are to have joined the malifaux community when you did... if would like your set distressed shoot me a PM here on the forum :)

Of note though... while I could do that to just certain buildings (or whole set if you like) it can not be mixed on a single building do to difference in stain colors. I have worked out a paint technique that will appear half way between the normal and the ghost town look; Im pretty sure I know exactly what your aiming for. Let me know and Ill do a more mild distressing and include the painting techniques in the terrain guide. Its tab bit more work painting it because pick out individual planks instead broad dry brushing but gives a nice "weathered" effect to show aged effect.

The stain takes acrylic paint very easy and hardly any effort required to get a look your happy with. Trying to ink over the stain doesnt work.. Ive tried and it repels the color. But painted (and I use sample size house paints.. very cheap.. from Home Depot) take ink/washes with no problem.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

I just took look at the funding project and we have hit the 1/3 mark in less then 2 days. I credit all of you for this; would never happened without this community :) :) While I might throw out smilies on a forum from time to time; it is not often a actual smile creeps across the face of a old Devil Dog... you all have done it.

Thanks! PM sent for a distressed set (hope there is still one left). I may have to add a second set now though.. :)