Arsenal Decks: Strat/Scheme + ALL General Upgrades

Iron Heel

Hello,

There have been a few calls for cards to represent strategies and schemes; I certainly would pick one up...However, there would not be many cards, which may pose a problem.

The current arsenal faction decks seem predicated on the idea that the person who buys the deck is primarily doing so because they played 1.5 and wish to get up-to-date cards for their favorite figs.

However, what about people who are new to the game? Let's say someone comes to Malifaux with no old models and they only buy models with M2E cards. S/he would not need a bunch of extra cards, but would still need to buy an arsenal deck per faction they want to play in order to get the generic upgrade cards...bummer.

My solution..

How about a deck composed of strat/schemes AND all the generic upgrades for all factions?

Would you buy it?

This is the sort of thing Kickstarter was made for. Printing is expensive, and Wyrd could lose money on something like this really fast if there aren't enough people interested. It's totally understandable why they might be hesitant to do something like this.

But get enough people to support the idea (financially) before it goes into production and you remove the risk. How about a kickstarter to create this scheme/strat deck (with reference cards included because the way a lot of that info is spread out in the rule book makes tableside reference annoying), and a special edition plastic fate deck (similar to what they did for TtB) that's only available to backers? Sell it as a package deal. I'd back it, and if there aren't enough of us to make it worth Wyrd's while, they'll find out before they produce it.

Copy/Paste what I said in another thread

What about adding: 2 double-faced Reference Cards with all the quick info,

AND

All the Factions General Upgrades

SO

Schemes&Strategies

call it "The Basics" and sell it as 8th Deck?

Let's face it, as it is now, a player has got some rare and some much redundant pieces of info: if you buy M2E book, Faction Arsenal Deck and Crew Boxes, you will have 3 times the same piece of info for a single Master, but if you don't buy the Arsenal Deck, you won't have got any playable card for General Upgrades. Since Arsenal Decks were thought to update old players' Crews, it doesn't make sense that a new player that buys a new Box, containing the new cards for the Crew, has to buy them again to get the General Upgrades.

I still hope for the final form to be 2 well done books containing all the stats + you get the cards for what you play from the box you buy, so it does work having a "The Basics" deck.

Actual Arsenal Decks would melt together wave 1 and 2(because it's ok that if you own just a crew from wave 1, you won't buy wave 2 deck, but if you own a wave 2 crew instead, you still will have to buy wave 2 deck, and then wave 1 for the General Upgrades. And if they just double General Upgrades in wave 2, it will both increase the cost, and also again people buying both waves will have redundant cards), they'd be ordered and complete, 1x faction, and aimed just to the players needing them.

Yes, I'm a compulsive neat freak, and I study Economics. :Stuck_Puppet:

---

I know also this solution would make the GU redundant with actual wave 1 decks (the same as adding them in wave 2 decks), but it's the more duplicates-reducing way I can think of, given what is out, and what is going to.

Edited by r4st4f4n

I'm hoping that Ratty would update his scheme cards pdf from 1.5 to M2E. Then I'll print it on card stock and would be happy.

But a store for indivudal cards and upgrades should be an option. For example, I have 4 Death Marshalls (3 from the Lady J box and Miss Terious). I would like to have an extra Death Marshall card without buying another full Arsenal Deck.

They've said from the get-go that individual cards are a non-starter.

Another thing I am wondering...if there is no Wave 2 book and I own a wave two master, where am I supposed to get the text for their master/crew-specific upgrades? As things look right now, I'd have to re-buy the figures! Also, what if I inadvertantly bought plastics with the old cards again!

What a mess!

This is reminding me of the when GWs model qtys in their packs for Epic Space Marine (precursor to Epic 40k) had no correspodence with the unit qtys in the rules so you'd end up with wierd amounts of extra vehicles and troops.

They've said from the get-go that individual cards are a non-starter.

Another thing I am wondering...if there is no Wave 2 book and I own a wave two master, where am I supposed to get the text for their master/crew-specific upgrades? As things look right now, I'd have to re-buy the figures! Also, what if I inadvertantly bought plastics with the old cards again!

What a mess!

This is reminding me of the when GWs model qtys in their packs for Epic Space Marine (precursor to Epic 40k) had no correspodence with the unit qtys in the rules so you'd end up with wierd amounts of extra vehicles and troops.

I agree. I just ordered the Rail Golem from my FLGS, I'm afraid that I might get the 1.5 card instead of M2E. I've experienced the same thig with warmachine where I still got mk1 cards which forced me to order the mk2 cards fromtheir website... Well, at least the single cards are available online.