That is one damn deadly rock!

Iron Heel

Karina has a (1) Bash attack with MI 3 & 0/1/2 damage.

With a :crows you also get the trigger "...in the head with a rock" which freaking 1-shot kills the target unless it discards two cards or stones.

Is it just me or does this trigger seem a bit much for a unter-level damage bash?

(Ironically, it would probably be the most effective against Tara crews since she has a penchant for ditching cards.)

In case the enemy flips BJ, you can do it with a very low crow too. Or fliping the RJ for the attack also yields a kill shot in most situations since the enemy can't cheat.

Yeah, but then it isn't in your hand, ready to add insult to injury by letting you summon a Death Marshal from the corpse...

Honestly, even if the trigger was just ditch 2 cards/stones without the kill it would still seem off to me as we have lots of deadly weapons in the game with no triggers at all. If it was her pet magic rock or something then it wouldn't bother me. Any time I have a 13:crows I will lament that model X just can't drop that sword etc. and pick up a rock!

Not anything to do a rage quit over, just irks me...appearently only me.

There is also the very big factor of needing to do damage to actually trigger, with a weak damage of 0, I'm pretty sure you will never see it actually happen unless she flukes out a red joker from the deck and the opponent flips crap or if she flips a red joker on damage.

I like the themeness of it, I despise it gamewise since it's so horribly cornercase that you'll forget it even exists. But that's pretty much the whole problem with Karina, a lot of very cornercase abilities and a peace bringer.

Honestly, even if the trigger was just ditch 2 cards/stones without the kill it would still seem off to me as we have lots of deadly weapons in the game with no triggers at all. If it was her pet magic rock or something then it wouldn't bother me. Any time I have a 13:crows I will lament that model X just can't drop that sword etc. and pick up a rock!

Not anything to do a rage quit over, just irks me...appearently only me.

Maybe if you stop thinking of triggers as a "weapon stat" only but also in terms of skill (and fate) issue..?

Unless a trigger references a suit that is in the stat-line, I don't think you can count it as really being a weapon stat. It's more of a specialized critical hit. it only has a 1/4 at best chance of going off(better if you have a SS user, but that's a matter of using a resource to secure a critical, not a matter of it being a direct addition to the weapons normalized output).