Nexus Of Power

Aesop

Question

16 answers to this question

It sill costs them 2 stones, and will make them hold stones just for these purposes, so not use them elsewhere.

It costs nothing since for the 2 used SS the model gets the normal benefits (:+fate on Df flip, :-fate on damage and damage prevention) like anyone else would AND she will heal 4 damage at the end. But I don't want to derail this thread nor convince you in any way about the strength of this upgrade when it is on Barbaros and he is coming at you with Lilith in pair. :)

It costs nothing since for the 2 used SS the model gets the normal benefits (:+fate on Df flip, :-fate on damage and damage prevention) like anyone else would AND she will heal 4 damage at the end. But I don't want to derail this thread nor convince you in any way about the strength of this upgrade when it is on Barbaros and he is coming at you with Lilith in pair. :)

That's a good point.

Oh, the upgrade is plenty strong.

However, mentally it makes a player hold stones for it when the might be better used elsewhere. you can use this reliance and mental attitude of the nexus player to get an advantage over them in-game.

Not really in my experience. If you can gain any advantage, it is minimal, and less than the advantage Nexus gives. I just played a game where Candy took multiple direct severe hits from Rasputina's Ranged attack spell, plus a few moderate dmg blasts from same off of other targets, and because of nexus she lived until the last turn of the game, and Candy isn't even one of the most defensible models in the game.

Nexus is one of, if not THE strongest upgrade in the entire game.

Nexus is one of, if not THE strongest upgrade in the entire game.

At a cost of 1 it's an auto-take for me (on Barbaros). I'd say it's one of the strongest but not the absolute strongest. Dirty Cheater in gremlins is just ridiculous. To Joel's point sometimes when I'm on the fence on spending a stone of not if the model is wounded I'll spend one. But I don't find myself saving stones when I should be spending them.

I would have probably just made it be enforcer only so the models in the aura get the benefit, but the model giving out the bonus can't use it and as such becomes a very high priority target that is quite killable.

But I never noticed how problematic it was till it was official and printed.

Our local veteran player saw the potential of the upgrade instantly and swept the floor with a Rasputina player 3 times in a row without a problem. I noted this during the open beta but sadly it did not get enough traction and maybe the devs didn't see this as a real problem. The rest is history...

In the latest malifools episode we speak to justin who does mention that he currently has his eye on nexus (and some other things) to see how they pan out. Keep feeding all data back with as much reasoned/constructive advice (and actual battle reports) and who knows...