Purposely failing friendly checks...

Cer0

Question

11 answers to this question

Is it still a thing in M2E for you to purposely fail a check when one of your crew's models targets another model in your crew? I looked through the rulebook but could not find it.

When targeting friendly models, you can choose to have the target fail automatically. If you do so, no cards are flipped, the total is considered a tie, and none of the target's triggers are activated.

When targeting friendly models, you can choose to have the target fail automatically. If you do so, no cards are flipped, the total is considered a tie, and none of the target's triggers are activated.

Before any cards are flipped the defender chooses to fail.

The Attacker then Flips a card(and can cheat, etc to get triggers..) , the defender Flips none.

It is considered a tied result.

Yep. It's a bit more resource intensive, but it can be done.

Right. But I just wanted novice readers to understand that "powering up" your crew is still doable in M2e...

One of my loves of Malifaux is inter-crew interactions... i.e. Levi and his canine remains and Kirai/Lilith and their Desp Merc love...

I think this is especially important in a situation where you want to make sure you killed one of your own models (to get a scrap counter say), as a tie would give you the double negative flip for damage, where if you "go through the motions" of a normal flip you can cheat down the defense flip of the target model to better ensure its demise.

Some still remain such as Ramos killing electrical creations for spider scrap. But by and large they've limited this tactic of the game. I think it is a bit of a shame as I really enjoyed the thought of Lilith's crew hiring (highjacking) desperate mercs to feed to the tots so they can grow up nice and strong.