new to malifaux

D`jinn

hi i`m mark and i`m just getting in to malifaux. I was fortunate enough to be at gencon this year as i only live about 2 hours away in louisville ky. I previously bought the dreamer and lord chompybits box set and while i was at the con bought the herald of obliteration box and got miss step withmy 100$ purchase. Unfortunately i forgot to get the rulebook lol and ended up ordering online saturday. I guess what i'm getting at is if anyone has any advice for filling out these two crews and good strategy hints for play? Also i wanted to see if anyone in the louisville area would like to school me abit until i can learn, i welcome the beating:1_Happy_Puppet1:

Dreamer in 2nd edition hasn't been done yet. He'll be in the Wave 2 beta, but we're not sure when that'll be hitting. As for Tara, I would recommend a box of Death Marshals, because her one upgrade gives her access to them. Playing Tara...give it a little while to see how strategies go, she wasn't in the Open Beta so nothing along those lines has really been set. The Death Marshals are definitely a good thing to have, because their Pine Box ability lets you Bury on will, while the rest of the crew relies more on triggers to get Bury off.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Oh, and welcome to 2nd Edition and the Forums!

First off, welcome!

For tara, a box of death marshals is a top notch expansion.

The dreamer is a bit tricky as he's not in M2E yet - he'll be in wave 2 which goes intro public beta in the next few months, so you can help to shape him.

I'll leave play hints for those that don't lose almosr every game they play...

Edit: Bah, ninja'd. :-P

To be honest, being new i didn't know which way to take the tara crew. I like the death marshals and am probably going in that direction, as far as resurectionist vs outcast i don't really know what the strengths or weakness of each factions are. So "shrug." I do like the idea of burying an opponent's pieces and damaging them while they are buried.

Edited by D`jinn

Faction strength is irrelevant. Tara tends to function best as someone who throws a massive beast at you and then doesn't give you a chance to respond before the beast goes and kills you. A good trick I saw at Gencon was run her as an outcast.

Run Steam abominations and Rusty Alice and one Marshall. Abominations to dmg to each other to draw cards, then form into a Desolation engine, an abomination hits the engine for dmg to draw another card, Rusty Alyce hits it with Burn Out, Death Marshal Buries it, Tara moves up and flings a Desolation engine, with a big hand full of cards directly into the center of the enemy crew, who activates immediately afterwards, and heals itself back up via his combat attack, and then gets to activate again do to burn out.