Will old models get the new card?

birdbath

So like everyone else on these boards I will be buying a load of new shiny stuff. But while I am buying this new stuff I want to stock up on a few older models at the same time like a desperate merc and a few other bits.

My question is, will these old models come with the new card or will I have to just man up and get the outcast faction deck for just that one card I need?

Thanks in advance,

BB

It's worth keeping in mind that even if Wyrd start putting M2e stat cards in all their boxes right now* that there will be a lag while distributors and stores clear their existing stocks with 1.5 cards in them.

So it may take a while before you're able to pick up existing models with M2e stat cards, especially for less popular models.

*I have no idea if they're doing that or not.

If i was to guess i would say that the metal models will not get the new stat cards added to them, as they are i believe the size of an ordinary playing card, which will not fit in the little blister boxes they currently use for the metal models.

I'd assume all the old plastics will get their cards soon-ish. I wouldn't count on the metals ever getting M2E cards.

I would like to know a rough idea of when Wyrd intends to start including the cards with the older plastics, though. Some of my friends are looking at getting into the game, but they're hesitant to do so until everything is settled.

Plastic's that have already been released, and have updated cards for them for M2E, have already been updated here in the warehouse as of this week and distributors will be receiving update packs for the plastics that they currently have in stock.

We can't take it to the retailer level due to the size of that endeavor but we are looking into options with the distributors working with the retailers but no promises there.

Updated box sets will have a sticker on the front that has the M2E logo that states that it includes updated stat cards (as frankly it would be a waste to throw out perfectly good boxes vs. just adding a sticker to them).

Plastic's that have already been released, and have updated cards for them for M2E, have already been updated here in the warehouse as of this week and distributors will be receiving update packs for the plastics that they currently have in stock.

We can't take it to the retailer level due to the size of that endeavor but we are looking into options with the distributors working with the retailers but no promises there.

Updated box sets will have a sticker on the front that has the M2E logo that states that it includes updated stat cards (as frankly it would be a waste to throw out perfectly good boxes vs. just adding a sticker to them).

Would be a shame if something wasnt done for retailers as were already losing out on existing stock's of books that we probably cant shift, the old metals will at least go to people who prefer the original sculpts, but the books are going to sit there.

The issue retailers will get is, if we cant somehow mark stock as "includes V2" card then people will either avoid the stock or we'll have to field alot of questions from customers, or even face returns from unhappy customers.

Perhaps a mini pack of the plastic boxed set v2 cards, that distributors can provide 2-3 per retailer.