What Happened to Arcanists

Lewkas

In general the M2E forums were pretty active during the Beta, but now that that sub forum got closed, there's been an aery lack of activity, like a ghost town...

I think it is because most Malifaux players that participated to the open beta are in full M2e mode, while these forums are still about 1.5 and most people don't want to jump back and forth between 1.5 and M2e, so everybody is silently waiting to 2nd edition official release and the forums reorganization...

I've been playing M2e games exclusively, since we got the beta rules and find it difficult to go back to the older rule set, now that I got used to (and prefer) the newer more elegant rules of masters like Ramos and Rasputina.

It seems to me that the other faction sub forums are all active with people playing M2E so I wouldn't say it is like a ghost town. Even during and before the public beta it seemed that Arcanists are down on popularity. I'm all for M2E and I wouldn't consider these forums strictly 1.5. Are there any Arcanists players out there that will be switching to other factions for M2E and if so what are your reasons? I think the M2E changes are awesome and that the book 1 arcanist masters have really been brought up to speed with the other book releases. As far as I am concerned it is an exciting time to be an Arcanist.

I started with Raputina as my master, mostly because it was the cheapest starter set. Then I was commissioned to paint two arcanist, a gremlin and a ten thunders crew, which means I'm in the mood for something different, hence my second crew being guild. I'd quite like a Ramos crew once the new models are released, but will be painting a few more cowboys before then.

Generally I think that as a breed gamers are butterflies. We flit from one place to the next, but will often return to the place we once were. I'll definitely back here when plastic showgirls come out.

I started with a Sonnia crew, but my Malifaux group almost all bought Guild to start. So then I purchased my Ramos crew and never looked at another faction until Jacob with the Ten Thunders. My main focus has been to acquire all of the models in the Arcanist line. I could never give up my Ramos or Raspy they are my favorite Masters to play. 1.5 or M2E I still find them both to be solid fun Masters. I look forward to what the future holds for the Arcanists.

Arcanist player qhat whaaaaat. I loved raspy and colette and kaeris in m1.5. i look forward to seeing colette and kaeris in 2.0, and love the ramos changes. But most importantly, I'm waiting with baited breath to see who the arcanist 'surprise' master is.

What does 'arcanists are getting something special' even MEAN!

Something special means that they will be totally OP and everyone will be playing arcanists because we will dominate every tournament until there is an errata. :)

On a serious note though I am really excited to see what they do. After seeing what they did worth the brewmaster, I am sure they will be very special indeed.

I'm one of the 'solely focused on M2E' guys, so haven't posted much over here.....after all of the beta testing, I'm pretty talked out and don't have much to say yet.

I will say that I'm loving Marcus more than ever. He's actually jumped to the top of my favorites list.

I'm a little sad that Silurids lost some of their utility, but there are plenty of other things that make up for it. I'm using models that I never used before because they stunk, like the Cerberus and the RSR.......still using at least one Silurid usually and maybe a Waldgeist, but I'm liking the synergy that Canine Remains have with the crew and I've slipped the occasional Drake in there.

Cojo is pretty cool but the biggest improvement is Myranda. She has been in every list so far. Also, with the new '2 attacks on the charge' rule, the Jackalopes +2 damage when charging is even better.