Malifaux 1.5 Tournament - Christchurch, Dorset 11th August

Forestreverie

Hello All

Myself (Aaron) and Azathoth (Joe) will be running a 1 day Ranked Malifaux Tournament on Sunday 11th August.

The event will comprise of 4 30ss Games with boards and terrain provided.

Address Tuckton Social Club, 222 Tuckton Road, Tuckton, Bournemouth, Dorset, England

BH6 3AA

Tickets cost £7.50 and should be sent as a gift via paypal to aaronbailey17@hotmail.com.

Alternatively you can message me and arrange to pay in cash at or before the event.

This covers the price of renting the hall and the trophies.

Trophies will be Presented for:

First Place

Second Place

Third Place

Best Painted Crew (Minimum of 1 Master and 4 Minions, no upper limit)

Most Sporting Player

9d6f2582f373081431c94235cae3babd.jpg

These are also up for grabs as random spot prizes, thanks to Graham from Simple Miniature Games :)

6db8c5926f35f4336d17cc1c2de21117.jpg

Everybody is free to enter Best Painted simply by displaying their crew on the tables provided at lunchtime. This is voted for by Players, as is Most Sporting Player.

Minimum Painting Standard is Undercoated, and all models must be on correct base sizes.

Proxies are not allowed at this event.

Players must declare their faction before attending the event, and over the course of the event may use any master belonging to this faction. They may then hire any minions/tomes/henchmen allowed by their selected master as normal.

Food is not provided, but there is a Co-op and Fish & chips shop across the road.

All games use the Malifaux 1.5 rule set. The small Rulebook will take precedence in any rules queries, second only to Official Wyrd Errattas.

The games will use the Gaining Grounds Strategies.

The timetable will be as follows:

9:45-10 Registration

Round 1 - 10:00- 11:30 - Treasure Hunt

Round 2 - 11:45 - 13:15 - Land Grab

Lunch 13:15-14:15

Round 3 - 14:15 - 15:45 - A Line In The Sand

Round 4 - 16:00 - 17:30 - Beatdown

17:30 - Awards

I Expect a few of us will be heading over to the pub after the event too if there is interest :)

Please post your Name and your Faction of choice in this thread if you wish to attend.

Entrants:

David Brown - Guild

Matt Lee - Neverborn

Jan Proudley - Outcasts

Joe Hadfield - Ressurectionists

Matthew Finn - Guild

Aaron Bailey - Ten Thunders

Mike Howlett - Arcanists

Graham Clarke - Guild

Martin Wodehouse - Arcanists

Nate Adams - Neverborn

Matt Evans - Ressurectionists

Fubar?

Henry?

Look forward to seeing you all!

Aaron & Joe

Edited by Forestreverie

I've just replied to David on my clubs forum regarding this. Ben is unavailable that weekend, and the guy that usually covers me on a Sunday if I have plans is away on holiday. This coupled with the fact I'm on Jury Service for 2 weeks from 5th August makes the 360 mile there and back seem highly unlikely :( I'll see if I can make it to your next one and have a weekend away with the family.

Good luck and hope all goes well.

I've just replied to David on my clubs forum regarding this. Ben is unavailable that weekend, and the guy that usually covers me on a Sunday if I have plans is away on holiday. This coupled with the fact I'm on Jury Service for 2 weeks from 5th August makes the 360 mile there and back seem highly unlikely :( I'll see if I can make it to your next one and have a weekend away with the family.

Good luck and hope all goes well.

Too bad!

Thanks for support, hope you can make the next one!

• 2 weeks later...
+1

There's a chance I may be able to make this but a lot depends on how many are attending to make it worth me travelling.

Be great to see you there Martin - as long as I don't get to play such a hardcore rankings whore!

Only kidding - probably won't play you as I'll be fighting Graham for the wooden spoon.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I'll be playing Guild by the way.

There are 11 players confirmed at the moment, where are you travelling from? I have plenty of space so it would be great if you could bring some buddies too!

If I come, I'll be driving down on the day from Swansea and chances are it'll just be me. I'll hopefully be able to confirm today or tomorrow one way or the other. Also, if it's a go, I'll be using Arcanists.

Be great to see you there Martin - as long as I don't get to play such a hardcore rankings whore!

Likewise for the first part. As for the second, I believe we've played 3 times and it's 2 wins to me, 1 to you, so that's not bad is it?

*wink*

------

Update: I'm in! Paid this morning (Martin Wodehouse). See you there!

Edited by Soul Puppet

So I made it home after rather a long day. My thanks to my opponents: Aaron, Dave, Matt and Jan for the games and also my apologies for bringing Colette, especially to Jan who I think was just about ready to burst with frustration. Lastly, thanks to Aaron and Joe for the organising. Hopefully I'll be able to come to another tournament your way, might have to stay overnight next time though!

So I made it home after rather a long day. My thanks to my opponents: Aaron, Dave, Matt and Jan for the games and also my apologies for bringing Colette, especially to Jan who I think was just about ready to burst with frustration. Lastly, thanks to Aaron and Joe for the organising. Hopefully I'll be able to come to another tournament your way, might have to stay overnight next time though!

No problem mate, pleasure was all ours!

Thanks for making the effort to come down and hopefully see you at some more :)

Congratulations on first place btw, hope the trophy was worth the drive!

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

So a quick rundown of the results;

(I'm sure joe can go into more detail!)

1st Place - Martin Wodehouse

2nd Place - "Big" Matt Evans

3rd Place - Jan Proudley

Best Sportsmanship - "Little" Matt Finn

Best Painted (Players Choice) - "Big" Matt Evans

Best Painted (Judges Choice) - David Brown

Most Victory Points Scored - Kevin Sharpes

Thanks to all for attending and hope to see you all at the next one :)

Aaron