New guy starting with a Mc Mourning crew

So, not only am I new to the Resurrectionist's but I'm also new to Malifaux in general. I want make a decent McMourning crew and I have already started collecting models (mostly stuff I thought looked cool) and I'm hoping that you guys can give me a bit of advice on what I should get next for my crew. Here is what I've got so far:

1. 1x Dr. McMournng

2. 1x Molly Squidpidge

3. 2x Nurses

4. 1x Flesh Construct

5. 1x Sebastian

6. 3x Crooligans

7. 1x Rogue Necromancy

8. 2x Night Terrors

9. 1x Bete Noire

10. 3x Guild autopsys

Any advice for this absolute noob would be great, thanks!

Nurses are abit iffy atm but the new rules probably make them playable.

You still need dogs for them to work properly, and Desperate Mercs are awesome.

Autopsys.... They are just bad. If you want to use them, go ahead, but probably only work with objectives as they aren't very resilient.

Otherwise, a round good start. Molly is awesome as always, although I'd take something that has a spell she would be awesome copying, like Belles or CrookedMen or Yin. She always does Something, I can guarantee that.

And the Avatar. I played my first match with Simulacrum and the Doc and holy Nicodem that was ugly. Afew failed flips and one mismembered rule were the only things that stopped me from destroying everything.

So, not only am I new to the Resurrectionist's but I'm also new to Malifaux in general. I want make a decent McMourning crew and I have already started collecting models (mostly stuff I thought looked cool) and I'm hoping that you guys can give me a bit of advice on what I should get next for my crew. Here is what I've got so far:

1. 1x Dr. McMournng

2. 1x Molly Squidpidge

3. 2x Nurses

4. 1x Flesh Construct

5. 1x Sebastian

6. 3x Crooligans

7. 1x Rogue Necromancy

8. 2x Night Terrors

9. 1x Bete Noire

10. 3x Guild autopsys

Any advice for this absolute noob would be great, thanks!

Hiya, just so your aware, Malifaux is currently transitioning over to a brand new set of rules, and that also includes new stat cards for models.

The ones I bolded are already available.

You would be best learning the game off of the new rules and new stat cards. Both are available for free.

However, regardless of whether you stick with the old rules, or try the new ones you would probably be best buying:

x2 sets of Canine remains (for four dogs total)

1 set of Necropunks

1 Zombie Chihuahua

With that you will have an excellent pool of models to draw from in most situation. Dr McMourning tends to chop up dogs to make things like the Rogue Necromancy and Flesh Construct at a cheaper SS cost than just hiring them. But they work differently in the new rules.

Seriously though, I highly recommend you play the new version as that will be the standard in a few months time and we are all kind of reviewing and editing the new version together.

The models I bolded in your list have available stat cards atm (for free to download like the rules) as do all three of my purchase suggestions. So that would be the perfect poiol of models to play the 'new' McMourning with.

Here is a link to the beta rules/stat cards:

http://t.co/6y97Vvr5SH

If you're staying in 1.5 for a bit, Izamu doesn't have much synergy with Doug unfortunately. He is to slow without some form of pushing him up the table, and Doug doesn't help with that.

However, look into the Dead Rider. He's fast on his own, hits about as hard, and can heal himself if needed. Other models I use for Doug are The Drowned, Canine Remains, usually a Belle, and various other things based on the strategies.

• 1 month later...