Hello from NYC

MadBobby

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I picked up my first crew and got my local club involved with Malifaux, really enjoying my guild gunline. So far my crew consists of Perdita, 2 guild guards, 3 riflemen, a pathfinder, and his traps, I've been joking that I'm playing Mexican Tau. So far I've found that in games with a distinct chokepoint or schemes that force everyone on the table to a single point on the table it's almost too easy to reduce my opponents into bullet riddled pulp. I'm really enjoying the game so far and I'm looking forward to playing at Gencon in a couple of months.

My secondary agenda in registering on here is to try to bring more NYC/Long Island players into our local club solid group of guys, we have 6 tables, 4 more under construction, enough terrain to fill them all three times and we're working on building a new game room in Bellerose Queens, is there a player database on here that I missed?

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I picked up my first crew and got my local club involved with Malifaux, really enjoying my guild gunline. So far my crew consists of Perdita, 2 guild guards, 3 riflemen, a pathfinder, and his traps, I've been joking that I'm playing Mexican Tau. So far I've found that in games with a distinct chokepoint or schemes that force everyone on the table to a single point on the table it's almost too easy to reduce my opponents into bullet riddled pulp. I'm really enjoying the game so far and I'm looking forward to playing at Gencon in a couple of months.

My secondary agenda in registering on here is to try to bring more NYC/Long Island players into our local club solid group of guys, we have 6 tables, 4 more under construction, enough terrain to fill them all three times and we're working on building a new game room in Bellerose Queens, is there a player database on here that I missed?

Hello! I am one of the Henchmen around NYC. Welcome to Malifaux! While there isn't a strict database for players in general, somewhere on the site (for public reference) is a comprehensive list of Henchmen, listed by state. If you find that one is nearby where you are, feel free to PM them and I am sure that they will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!

In the meantime, you should definitely check out the North American Events board ( here ), and see what is going on by you (the search function will really help here with all of the events that go on as often as they do). I know that I, personally, am hosting a demo in Brooklyn on Sunday, and other Henchmen (including Guy In Suit, who functions a lot in Manhattan to my knowledge) like to do their business on other days of the week. Please message them! I am sure they'll be happy to oblige you.

Once again, welcome!

~Lil Kalki

lol you city new yorkers.....i have cows within walking distance of my house....new york is such a weird state.though whenever i mention were i live people think im from the city...not forrests and farms new york

I know....I'm from upstate originally.........nothing but cows and corn. People don't believe there could be rednecks in NY.

"here" was just a generalization of ny xD

more specifically were currently living in astoria.

if theres any group in our vicinity (heck even an hour away is fair game)

wed be more than excited to join you guys

hmmmm.....I thought Jonas Albrecht was in Astoria....or maybe it was Peoria....I get confused with the ...oria's.

I'm stoked, myself haha

And as for city/upstate NY happenings, I double as the henchman for a little comic shop in New Paltz called October Country when college is in session. It's a nice place too!

~Lil Kalki

EDIT: My Sunday event is extended to you and your party as well, Saucy. :)

EDIT EDIT: And you, dgraz, if you want to brave brooklyn haha

damn this wait for 2.0 is killing me inside, i wish theyd release it already

Definitechoice: il definately stop by some time! what day/time do you guys usually meet up?

Kalkris: sorry 13 hours is a bit too far for me xD if your group ever find yourselves in my area, id be more than happy to meet up with you guys to play!

Welcome!

I Hench at the Compleat Strategist in midtown Manhattan, conviniently located across the street from the Empire State Building in the center of the universe.

Our club meets on Thursdays in the basement, and if you post on our Malifaux boards you should easily be able to find a game!

I have also played down at the Metrogamers space in Brooklyn and they are a top notch group of guys with a great space to play in - definitely check it out if you get the chance!

I hope to swing back over once 2.0 is out and about, I've just been so busy with moving, BloodBowl league, running a DnD campaign etc. etc.

And you Queens people, let me know next time you are doing Malifaux night and I will try to drop by for a game. It will be nice to finally play some 2.0 games in the light of day!

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Too bad. From his posts he seems pretty stoked about M2E.

I also have a raging boner for M2E - only a few hours til most of this NDA goes away... grr...

Also, good luck with Grim GT! I can't make it having put myself in the Doghouse attending Unplugged and next Braggin' Rights back to back :-/

Kalkris: sorry 13 hours is a bit too far for me xD if your group ever find yourselves in my area, id be more than happy to meet up with you guys to play!

Wait, I think you have me wrong at the moment. I am hosting an event in Brooklyn on Saturday. I don't know how Kings Highway is 13 hours away from Astoria... O_o My event page, for the record, is here.

~Lil Kalki

EDIT: That goes for you too, Andrew. I mean, if you want to do demos haha

Our group usually meets on Saturdays in Bellerose, literally 3 blocks from the city line, but it's easy to find parking and we usually do runs to grab folks without their own cars from the F train. We actually already have 5 players in the group who aren't on these boards yet.

Skimming the 2.0 beta rules it looks like I have to go back to the drawing board and unlearn a bit of what I was doing right in 1.5. Losing 3 potential shots from combined arms on my riflemen is going to be a bit of a kick to the nuts with the new companion activation rules capping companioned activations at 2 models at a time but I do appreciate how much clearer 2.0 seems to be over 1.5.

Tomorrow/today is actually a build day, working on getting our hosts detached garage converted into a suitably appointed all-seasons gaming room. We meet at somebody's home, so I'm not just going to post his address on a public board, if he feels comfortable with that he's got a link to this thread. The best way to get an invite immediately is to join our facebook group, if you're interested send me a PM and I'll get you on our list.

Edited by MadBobby

For anyone that wishes to join us on saturday. Aside from playing we will be doing a bit of work but people are welcome to my home to play, if you come from manhatten I pick people up at forest hills 71st ave thats E,F,M,R.

otherwise you can message me or bobby about address and directions.

• 2 weeks later...