Stock of Box Sets

I'm curious how often Wyrd restock their online shop for box sets.

I've been getting a few friends into Malifaux recently and we were going to do a large order together once they've figured out which Masters they want since the postage is so expensive, but most of the box sets are Out of Stock. how often is the online shop re-stocked, and is there a way to be notified in the store when they do come back in stock?

From what this podcast said, as soon as they begin updating the new ones, the old ones will no longer be available. This means that, as they release each new updated box, you will not see old sculpts unless the stores decide they still want to sell them. On the distribution end, they will simply stop making them and you gotta hope your store will stock whats left :(

...once the distribution end, they will simply stop making them and you gotta hope your store will stock whats left :(

Hopefully, once they run out of the models they will have the new boxes to replace them. The only loss will be the old sculpts, which may or may not be a good thing.

So if you're up for waiting, they will release all old masters but in new boxes, in plastic and with new rules, as the second edition rolls in. However, this might take a while so either

A: get Ten Thunders faction (which already have "new" models, but will get updated with new cards)

B: Find the current metal version in an online store of your choice

Stock is still relying on the store, if they haven't sold out on that particular box yet. Most people end up with more than one master sooner or later (often sooner) so you could get one that's available now and play that one until you feel like moving on to the next and by then the master you were hoping for is hopefully released.

Thanks for all your responses. The Store I was referring to was the Malifaux Store accessed from malifaux.com, but I guess it just means we'll have to put in the order and go get the remaining box sets from my LGS. They still have most of them in stock, there's not many in my area who play.

The reason I need to put in an order through Malifaux's store is that my LGS doesn't have any rulebooks past Rising Powers, no Ten Thunders boxes and a limited selection as is. They also don't have Terraclips which I intend to buy as well.

Oh, I know a few retailers around my area. I've bought Malifaux from them before. They're my backup if I couldn't get them directly from Wyrd, though I will need to go through Wyrd for Storm of Shadows and Terraclips. Fortunately (?) I'm the only one of the group so far going for a Ten Thunders crew.

At the moment I'm trying to see if it's more expensive to make a large order through Wyrd, or pay the extra cost of my LGS. For a roughly $200 order from Wyrd, my postage would be $78. That includes: Terraclips Streets of Malifaux, Terraclips Clips, Storm of Shadows, Mei Feng Box, Coryphee, Mechanical Rider and 2 50mm Base Inserts.

Buying Streets of Malifaux from my LGS is $10 more just for that box, and about $3 more for the clips. I don't know how much it would be to have them ordered in and if they would put that cost in as well to the price that they would have charged anyway.

I suppose I have a lot of research to do here.

I am one of the few people I know that seems to prefer the look of the original ice golem. I think the new one is cool but if you google "ice golem" and look at the images returned they all sort of seem the same way to me. There is an interesting impossibe thinness to the old one that I find appealing. And I like the blockiness of it.

Seeing the paint job that oldmanmike did for the raspy crew at adepticon sealed the deal for me.

I've always bought from different LGS here in Sweden, but I've always had the feeling that wyrd's own online shop is more expensive than LGS or Swedish online store. You could look around and see if there are any such online stores you could order from that has better prices and/or shipping than Wyrd directly.

Or you could ask your LGS for when they will order wyrd products and ask them to add your order to their total. This lets your order ride in their package and therefore will lower your shipping. Most stores I know of don't add anything for such orders, but you will have to wait for their decision of when to order.

At the moment I'm trying to see if it's more expensive to make a large order through Wyrd, or pay the extra cost of my LGS. For a roughly $200 order from Wyrd, my postage would be $78. That includes: Terraclips Streets of Malifaux, Terraclips Clips, Storm of Shadows, Mei Feng Box, Coryphee, Mechanical Rider and 2 50mm Base Inserts.

Buying Streets of Malifaux from my LGS is $10 more just for that box, and about $3 more for the clips. I don't know how much it would be to have them ordered in and if they would put that cost in as well to the price that they would have charged anyway.

I suppose I have a lot of research to do here.

Are you outside the US? Miniature Market offers free shipping on orders over $100. Their international shipping isnt terrible from what I understand, and they offer a 20% discount. I frankly dont understand the need to pay extra when ordering online.

Are you outside the US? Miniature Market offers free shipping on orders over $100. Their international shipping isnt terrible from what I understand, and they offer a 20% discount. I frankly dont understand the need to pay extra when ordering online.

Have you ever ordered from miniature market? Prepare for your order to take the absolute longest it is allowed to by law. I have made two or three orders from them. The first was messed up, which (to their credit) they did make right. All of them took almost two full weeks to arrive where as orders from other online venders took a few days. I paid money to expidite an order through them once and it took just as long.

I am outside the US, yes. I'm in that wonderful little westernised country in the middle of Oceania. I speak of Australia. Where everything costs twice as much and shipping from nearly any other country that has anything I'm after costs an arm and a leg.

I have found a few other online stores that have the box sets, but they're either sold out of Terrclips and Storm of Shadows, or they don't have them in stock period.

I will also vouch for combat company. I have spent ludicrous amounts with them and always get prompt delivery as well as easy and friendly solutions to any issues I have had (and there have been very few and minor at that).

My last order for a bunch of old boxed sets that I always wanted (yes the new ones are looking great but some of these are ones I fell in love with way back and just never got to) was posted at 8:03 am the day after I ordered them... And the order was placed at about midnight.

Big thanks to all who pointed me to The Combat Company, now I too can vouch for their great customer service.

After I sent the order off, I got an e-mail telling me that 2 of the things I bought were out of stock (Copycat Killer and Victorian 50mm Base Insert). They said they'd be able to ship out the Killer by next week, and offered me a change of Base Inserts since they didn't know when they'd get the Victorian ones back in, so now I'm getting Ghost Town ones.

They also sent a reminder saying "Terraclips needs the Combo Connector pack and you didn't buy one. What do you want to do?" which I thought was very helpful of them. I will just go and buy the connectors at my LGS, but I'm loving this place so far.

Have you ever ordered from miniature market? Prepare for your order to take the absolute longest it is allowed to by law. I have made two or three orders from them. The first was messed up, which (to their credit) they did make right. All of them took almost two full weeks to arrive where as orders from other online venders took a few days. I paid money to expidite an order through them once and it took just as long.

Strange. In their defense I live in Alaska and MM has become my default supplier for mail order now. Their prices are often the best and shipping lowest. The best part? I have had all six of my orders arrive within 3 days. Yes, three days!

I tried Wayland Games twice. The second time they totally botched my order and wouldn't make it right. They sent the wrong item and refused to send the correct item until I returned the screwed up item (which by the way was about 25% of the cost of the item I ordered, a whopping $12.00 or something). Having to wait an additional two weeks for the return to get back to the U.K. and another two (at minimum) for the correct item to arrive wasn't worth it. I just bought the incorrect item, told them they lost a customer for life (and easily several thousand dollars that I would have ordered over the years) over a few dollars. I pray I don't have that same issue with MM or it's back to the War Store or FRP Games (who's prices are good but shipping always tends to be more than MM).