Tokaji's Models

Tokaji

I loooove the green tones you use. <3 Teal into lime green is always an awesome way to go. Well done!

Though I would be slightly picky on the two beckoners. They oculd have used a bit more of the teal green than just the cane and the eyes (if I saw that correctly). Would have helped them tie into the crew much better.

And the newest additions, Misaki and her pals. I'm really not terribly happy with the way Ototo came out, but I just couldn't get into painting him for some reason. I really didn't like the normal pose for Misaki or Ototo, so I switched them up a bit.

post-8159-13911929059654_thumb.jpg

Shang, the Water Spirit

post-8159-13911929059974_thumb.jpg

The Ninjas

post-8159-13911929060312_thumb.jpg

Otototototo

post-8159-13911929060638_thumb.jpg

Misaki, the Mistress

post-8159-13911929060957_thumb.jpg

All Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon style.

Thanks a lot, guys. Misaki was a lot of fun to do.

@EvilBleachMan - Yeah, I thought about trying to tie them in a little more, but since they're kinda the crack wenches of the Honeypot, they needed to be a little more flashy and not blend in quite as much. I guess I could have given them a little more.

Okay I like the Misaki quite a bit. It is not a bad idea for those that don't Misaki like her normal stance. Only thing would be adjusting her hair so that it does not curl forward. That pose might also hand out over the base less then her normal pose as her weapon is really troublesome sometimes as you play.

Haha, yeah. I think that if I chopped her hair up, I'd never be able to get it back together, it's just so tiny. She's still a bit of a pain in the ass when you play, and more so for crazy people like me who like their models to be facing the right direction, but still better than what imagine her normal pose to be.

I really like what you have done with Misaki, I really don't like her "looking for contact style" and turning that pose on its side makes it so much better.

I don't like the dice on Lynch though You should have used smaller ones or maybe not at all. Also you need to add a stroke of flesh under his eyes so he doesn't look so surprised.

Had a little time to get some more pictures this week, this time of aLilith. I had already painted up the crew, specifically the Waldgeists, as birch tree spirits, so it made sense for her to follow suit.

post-8159-13911929136854_thumb.jpg

post-8159-13911929137185_thumb.jpg

I'm not a good enough sculptor to fix the line at the bottom of the tree, and it bugs me. Sorry about that.

I'm not a good enough sculptor to fix the line at the bottom of the tree, and it bugs me. Sorry about that.

It is less noticeable if you can get the trunk to line up the right way, which it doesn't look like it is, right now. Aside from the mold line, it's a great paint job.

Mine (plus the hanging trees and aZoraida's tree) was bugging me too. Textured spray paint worked, after I'd tried using Liquid Green Stuff on one tree, Elmer's Glue on another. Next time, though, I'm going to try plastic putty.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Finally got this one done. Took extra time because I couldn't decide on which legs to put him on, so I did both. Why not? Yes, the tubes are a pain in the arse beyond all imagining, but I think the model is pretty awesome for it.

Great paint job! The white pants make him look like he should be in a Malifaux Bloodbowl.

It is less noticeable if you can get the trunk to line up the right way, which it doesn't look like it is, right now. Aside from the mold line, it's a great paint job.

I tried every possible way of putting the pieces together, even filed off the nub so it could move around more, and I could only ever get part of it to line up. It was pretty frustrating. I figured having the front look good was more important than the back, so that's how it ended up.

I tried every possible way of putting the pieces together, even filed off the nub so it could move around more, and I could only ever get part of it to line up. It was pretty frustrating. I figured having the front look good was more important than the back, so that's how it ended up.

Did the same. It does look like you got the one side flush, but the tree grooves / ridges don't quite line up with the somewhat mismatched molds they ended up with between the trunk and the stump. The effect is even worse, imo, on aZoraida's tree. There's a solid 1/8" gap on the one side of it, no matter whatcha do to it. And no, it doesn't get any better on the plastics for the Hanging Tree (although those were the first plastics, so things may get better on future trees).

Drape some ivy around it, and no one will ever see it. [Trying to find the thread with a Hanging Tree with a chain draped around its seam.]

Edited by i_was_like_you