Pure Ten Thunders

Tweak

It really depends on what Master you are using as each plays a very different game. Pullmyfinger (link in my signature) has a good rundown on each of the masters.

If going for Misaki who is only Ten Thunders (the other masters can run as Ten Thunders and other factions) she herslef is a melee scalpel beater with good movement, teh rest of the crew is quite mobile and can switch up a lot but can be a little fragile compared to other crews. They always present tactical choices to make an d are really good fun.

I'd say both. But I wouldn't use the term watered down as much as I would "combined arms / varied". They get to hire within restrictions of things they want in faction for the most part as well as the 10 Thunders goodies giving access to nice beatsticks like Ottoto, as well as great ranged in the archers.

The most similar in my mind is The arcanist faction. The individual masters seem to have a section of the faction only for them, with some models being used by all the masters.

Of course it is slightly more extreme in 10 Thunders as each Master has a group of Models that only it can hire as a master. They can field decent crews with out making use of non ten thunder models though.

If you are doing pure 10T, make sure you get a Brother. That model is ridiculously good in a Misaki crew. It has single-handedly turned a defeat into a win with last turn alpha strikes on several occasions.

The other masters CAN work as 10T but usually work better mixed. Test the waters.