How to expand on Lynch?

ShaneC

I'm pretty new to Malifaux (just played my 2nd game, 3rd if you count a basic demo of how stuff works).

Right now, I'm running Lynch and his 'default' crew - Illuminated, Depleted, Beckoners, Graves, and Tannen.

With that in mind, I'm thinking about expanding to an second crew, but preferably something that has some potential synergy with Lynch and/or his existing crew.

Is there anything in 10T that works well with him/his crew while being able to function separately? I dig Mei Feng in her own right, but I don't see how she'd work well w/ Lynch or Brilliance.

From the Neverborn side, I'm leaning strongly towards Collodi - since he can function as a Neverborn Henchman or his own Master, and while not a lot of SS per $ for the starting box, his mobility and low cost minions seem like it could be a good way to overwhelm opponents with sheer numbers. And I like his Fluff. (I also really like the Dreamer's fluff, but I can't see him and Lynch's mob playing together either).

Last but not least, I've considered grabbing the Ortegas - just cuz.

Thoughts?

Have you considered Pandora at all? WP shenanigans ahoy

Actually no, no I haven't....time to do some more research!

Model-wise, the Sorrows do almost nothing for me. Pandora, Candy, and Kade are all kinda neat.

Edited by ShaneC

Brilliance is a self-contained mechanic that nothing else really plays off, but this isn't the synergy that you can exploit by combining things with lynch and his team.

Collodi is great with lynch, but then he's great with everyone, being another self contained team. Collodi and lynch compliment each other well and cover most of malifaux's bases between them.

On ten thunders, try the misaki box set - the torakage are a boon to every TT crew (go and read mistaken identity ability, then look at Huggy's card) and its the only way to get them. Yamaziko (not in the box, but part of that crew fluff-wise) is another great addition to lynch.

I would actually argue that the Dreamer starter isn't too bad a deal for Lynch. He can hire Stitched togethers even when playing as 10T and you get two in the Dreamer's box, and Coppelius is a great support piece which will only benefit from having the Beckoners around to pull victims into his Paralysing/Poisoning claws.

Though you'll also want to get a blister of daydreams if you want to play the dreamer.