Big Ned's hobby thread

Big Ned

That is a really nice Serpent. I really like how your yellow turned out. I was thinking of using yellow just a while back but decided to skip it as I had no idea how to was it etc..

Funnily enough I use very little yellow in my yellow recipe.

I start with a base of orange, then I add GW bubonic brown in stages. Then pure bubonic brown, followed by adding white for the hightlights.

• 2 weeks later...

In the race to get everything I need painted for the UK GT I've stormed through and finished ahead of schedule.

Last on my list were these Silurids for Marcus.

I've broken with tradition andnpainted them blue which works much better with the snowy bases that the rest of my beasts have.

20141026_085048_zpsl41oihyc.jpg20141026_085025_zpszzmaqfgm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers man :-)

I'm a big fan of Molemen and was pleased I could do the models justice.

This week I managed to finish my 2nd Razorspine Rattler.

I did this one a brownish (copperhead) colour to differentiate from the green one.

Will I ever need two? Who knows?

20141103_231456_zps7atb49el.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Wow, just burned through all fourteen pages in a go and you deserve the best painted awards! It's a very painterly look, which can end up cartoonish, but it's very nicely done. Especially around the faces. Eyes are very tough to make look right, but you've pulled it off (specifically referring to the performer).

I always like seeing a painter who can go both super-bright and almost gaudy (the dawn serpent(? ) and oiran) and then muted and drab (the acolytes and some of the earlier guys). I'm looking forward to seeing more!

@Zfiend: It's funny how often we have to do that with Wyrd stuff eh? "That's gross... for all the right reasons!"

• 4 months later...

First, great to see you're back!

I just painted my Sim 29 too. It was a fun model to paint! Yours came out great. How did you like painting it?

Vanessa. I think that sculpt is horrifying. But your Vanessa I actually truly like. It came out amazing!

Lazarus is a pretty bad sculpt too. But you painted it up real nice and the pose is good too. How did you find him?

Thank you. It's been fun painting Malifaux models again.

Sim 29 (which I'm using as a desolation engine) I painted in a day. He was a doddle and a joy to paint with so many textures already on the model.

Thank you again, I'm really happy with how Vanessa came out. So much so that I'm picking up the Viks boxed set to carry the theme through the other sisters.

Lazarus was another doddle to paint, I went for my tried and trusted oxidised bronze technique and that was about 85% of the model done.

• 1 year later...