Thulis's collection and WIP

Thulis

Currently, not many people actively play Malifaux in my area, but I have been told that a lot of people own it and have interest in picking it back up. I started playing in January with my wife and thoroughly enjoy it. My wife primarily plays Seamus, and occasionally McMourning. I play the Viktorias or Lilith and recently acquired The Dreamer.

Some models still need a touchup here and there, but

Here's some snapshots of my currently painted, and models awaiting paint.

Seamus and belles:

qDclUjE.jpg?1

Viktorias:

adn2kVC.jpg?1

McMourning:

RVCxUFb.jpg?1

The Workbench, so many models to paint!!!:

y86Frz8.jpg?1

Finished Lord Chompy bits, next up will be the Alps, Daydreams, and Stitched together.

aRj9e8E.jpg?2

*edit Forgot to mention, but the base top part or the "stones" are just small balls of sculpey pushed onto aluminum foil next to each other after an indentation was made overtop of the base. I have all of my crew on similar bases, and the process took me approximately 1.5 hours to do them all.

I used the "normal" firmness. If I had to choose again, I would go with the extra firm. Once kneaded and warmed up with your hands, it gets almost too soft.

Edited by Thulis

So I have painters ADD, and I just paint whatever in no particular order...

So I painted/am painting some Zombie Samurai Punk Rockers, except they decided to give up on the music and slay the crowd with paired katana instead. It brings an all new meaning to Death Metal...

NSRkjBa.jpg?1

UG2Fczh.jpg?1

YBEPhdB.jpg?1

• 2 weeks later...

Almost done with Justice crew. The Judge has no base, so I didn't put him in the picture but he's almost complete. I've got to just highlight Lady J's red-tones on the sword scabbard and her shirt to make it pop a little bit more. Then I'll be doing several layers of dullcote and finish basing with some grasses/tufts to give it a more arid landscape look.

o6MCz6y.jpg

I have to dullcote my punk zombies too. I've found some "undead samurai" online and I'm waiting to see what the models look like. I might use these guys with others, and use those with Yan Lo, my next crew. I really enjoy painting Resurrectionists a lot more. I'm not sure why... I think the models just have more character. At least the models I own.

qkadNji.jpg

Well I've been busy again, and finished Izamu last night. I've still got to finish the base, but the armor is done. I'm keeping with the theme of red armor that is worn and tattered along with the Ashigaru. I've also just finished Toshiro. I might mess with Toshiro a little bit more, but for now he's done.

ZarOOF5.jpg

OMSqwqN.jpg

Well I still haven't decided on Yan Lo's or Chiaki's color scheme. I don't want it to be too matchy matchy, although a Red robe over the blue robe underneith would probably look fitting. I might do the olive over red or olive over blue.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Izzy looks great, picking out all those rivets really makes him pop.

I feel like the red on Toshy is a little flat, that may be a camera thing though.

All in all they do look very good though.

Thanks, yeah I think Toshiro is a little flat. The depth of cloth on the shirt around his shoulders and back is not very raised, so I might go back and highlight it with a lighter read to bring out some depth.

Thulis,

Ya I like all your models, but I really like the vivid colors on your seamus crew. Oh be super careful with your Punk zombies, if the wind blow on them to hard their swords will break. I hate...hate...hate Fragile models and have tons of proxies in my army for just that reason.

Nighthater

Generally I just mix it as I go. It was a base of off white. Then I washed with a maroon shade of red very lightly in the low areas. I then washed very thinly with sepia shade from Vallejo. I then mixed elf flesh with an olive drab color and lightened with off white and grey each time I added a new layer. It was very trial and error. Add green and light grey but to give it the dead look death world forest and storm vermin fur mixed in can add that grey green dead flesh.

• 8 months later...

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I wanted to share my latest model.

Here's Jacob Lynch I finished about a week ago:

qvfTPjd.jpg?1

The base is a wyrd base with green stuff, and I think they are Secret Weapon small bricks. But they seem to be appropriate for brick streets/sidewalks. I made a cast of the custom base and poured resin to make this one. I'll post more pics as I finish the models.