Any comments on this build for a tournament?

Rifter

We have a tourney coming up this weekend. I have not played much, but I have Mei Feng, and a good number of 10-T models. (though, not Metal Golem/Gamin). This list has to be good for all the different objectives:

Ten Thunders Crew - 30 - Scrap

Mei Feng -- 5 Pool

Emberling [2ss]

Kang [8ss]

Oiran [4ss]

Rail Worker [5ss]

Rail Worker [5ss]

Willie, the Demolitionist [6ss]

Ten Thunders Crew - 20 - Sideboard

Ten Thunders Archer [6ss]

Ten Thunders Archer [6ss]

Torakage [6ss]

Any recommended changes? I don't really see dipping into the sideboard, except maybe swap a rail worker for an archer or Torakage.

Have to be Willie you swap as you have not left yourself any SS in the list to allow ether of those in. Or kik out the totem as well, as your model selection is exactly 30. Also, you may as well add a desperate merc in for the final 2 points of your 20 point allowance. As for the list though, it looks like it could work, but not many targets for rail walking is an issue i can see in there, so removing a Rail worker does not look like a good idea to me. Though i only have 1 game with her.

You could keep the archers in your sideboard and use them for claim jump, defending opponents objectives on destroy the evidence (as deterants to entering a zone or picking up a marker), and line in the sand and such.

I personally would drop 1 rail worker for the brother but that is just me and my playstyle perspective influencing on what I would cut. But for you whatever it is you feel most comfortable cutting in all reality.

Looks good to me.

I think you probably have enough melee hitting power in Mei and rail workers, so maybe go with ukrocky's kang/oiran tora/archer swap.

With the models you've mentioned, I'd probably go:

Mei

Emberling

Torakage

Archer

Willie (all kinds of awesomeness)

Rail worker

10 thunder brother

Maybe swap the torakage for a railworker and an extra stone.

For the sideboard, you could take Kang, rail worker (or torakage depending on which I'd put in the original list), oiran.

Seems like a nice set of models for all round dealing with any strategies. Good stuff

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest considering Johan if you have him. When run beside Kang and a linked emberling you can have a cb 8, 3/4/6 damage, 3" range hammer who advances in obscuring cover for 6 ss (6 +1 merc -1 MS&U) He seems to be able to lay down quite a beating in kill type strats for his price.

Also I would strongly consider trying to max out Mei at 8 SS rather than taking her with 5, maybe it's my playstyle/luck but she burns them as fast as Sonnia for me.

If you have them clockwork traps could help activations and railwalking targets for so so cheap.

Good luck in your tourney!

Well, the "tourney" part ended up being one game. Not a lot showed up, but it was fun. I played Nico, and in my niativity, I took the archers over the rail crew + emberling.

Willie had a BIG target painted on him, and he went in the 2nd round.

Kang did well, and lasted to close to the end. Mei lasted to the end. The archers also lasted. I did a LOT of beat downs, but hard to kill was a real pain in the butt.

I was running these as 10T, not Archanists. Joss is on my list, and pathfinders as well.

We ended up tying. Both of us got our schemes, but no one could hold onto the treasure.