Spraying Misaki Crew

Zombie

Hello ye miniature painting experts, I've got one question for you: is Citadel Skullwhite Spray okay for giving undercoat to Misaki and her crew? I've seen few posts where people have mentioned how for example the face has been ''destroyed'' by the spraying process. Should I be worried at all? It's around -2 celcius here, should I wait that the weather gets little bit more warm?

// Wanting to give white undercoat for bright red look in the end //

// Quick edit: I completely forgot to ask what glue is suitable for the new plastics ? I've used Loctite superglue for the metals, would it be okay or should I go and buy myself some citadel glue? And yes, I know there are better brands than citadel glue out there, but my LFGS sells it and I don't have any other shops close where I could get some hardware glue //

Edited by Zombie

seconding what marshimartian said, GW primer can go on very smooth and thin leaving all the details intact. Spray at the wrong distance though and that suddenly changes to a thick layer that kills detail. 8-10 inches is usually what I spray at, just make sure the weather is right, too cold, too hot, or too humid can ruin a base coat.

You can also try to find someone or somewhere with a spray booth you can use. Just resist the temptation to spray that stuff inside. More than a few times as a kid I would run into a room with my breath held and then try spraying as much as possible before running back out.

// Quick edit: I completely forgot to ask what glue is suitable for the new plastics ? I've used Loctite superglue for the metals, would it be okay or should I go and buy myself some citadel glue? And yes, I know there are better brands than citadel glue out there, but my LFGS sells it and I don't have any other shops close where I could get some hardware glue //

Plastic cement. Testors works great, is available at most stores. Other brands should be just as good, but prices will vary. Less is more. Use the smallest amount possible, using a toothpick to apply it.

You can also try to find someone or somewhere with a spray booth you can use. Just resist the temptation to spray that stuff inside. More than a few times as a kid I would run into a room with my breath held and then try spraying as much as possible before running back out.

But that was so much fun. Primed so many Reaper minis that way.

The "Krylon on the back porch" method works just fine. Like any spray paint, make sure it is at the right distance so you don't gunk up the details.

It's worked for me so far, but winter weather has certainly put a damper on it. Of course, that could just be the procrastinator in me speaking. Still have managed to prime quite a few crews in the cold. The plastics seem to be more forgiving of it than the metals. With my goal of painting all of my Wyrd models by GenCon, I have to push on through.