Edonil's Painting Log

edonil

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Well, I've got a bit of an update. First is an old model, which is in sore need of some touching up and a varnish. Still, aside from a few odd spots on the face, one of which I'm wondering if it was the camera, this is one of my current favorite pieces that I've painted. So, about eighteen months after painting, here's Molly:

1509763_10152606932380031_916051152_n.jp

And, the current painting project, here's the first of my Witchling Stalkers. The robe is an attempt at a new technique, with wanting to get better at smoother transitions. At the moment, still working out the rest of the colors aside from the metals. The cloth mask especially I'm not sure what to do, just because of its sheer size. Anyway, here it is, front and back:

1513707_10152606931060031_698851787_n.jp

1604521_10152606931075031_1697791028_n.j

Comments and suggestions always appreciated. :)

Looks like it's working well for you so far! Are you planning to take the highlights any further, or sticking with what you've got there? (I don't think it needs it, just curious how bright the robes are going). Nicely smooth, either way.

Nice rusty sword too, from what I can see

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I picked up Vallejo's Black and White Paint Set, and there's a tutorial in it by the excellent Angel Giraldez, the studio painter for Corvus Belli (Infinity). I'm trying out the tutorial, and working with matte medium for the...second time, I think? It's definitely different, but I really like how the results are coming out.

I'm honestly tempted to stop highlighting the Stalker where it stands right now, and keep the robe darker rather than brighter.

• 2 weeks later...