IZAMU, the Armor

The Madman

Is the face optional or...?

The illustration of Izamu does not feature a face.

The Kit DOES come with a head

I rather like the face

It gave me an actual point to have the "Light" eminating from other than just the arrows...

I tried to mimic the art work as best as I could... since it seems WYRD is no longer doing studio paints...

I've decided I like this model so much that I'll end up getting a couple more so I can play around with different ideas.

Nice. I plan on buying at least one more, as well. My current one is being painted to be a spirit. The next one will be painted to be a clay statue and then I will start with the clay statue and switch to spirit when he converts.

Really great detail work with your paint,

seriously a combination of the right washes will make your piece look so amazing!

Thanks, my concern is too much wash will make it looks messy. I guess if I water them down. Any recommendations on colors (washes) to complement the colors I already have. I don't want to do much to the model.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone.

I was going to post a pic of my Izamu, but rather than start a new thread I thought I might as well showcase him here as other pics from this thread inspired me for his colour scheme.

Overall I'm fairly happy with how it turned out, although there is alot of silver/chainmail on this model and it can look a little overbearing at times. Also I think maybe if I could go back I might do the sword like a 40k Power Weapon, but at the same time, that might look a little out of place.

Finally, I might buy this model again sometime in the future and redo it as I'd give this paintjob 6/10, but this is the way he'll be hitting the tabletop for me for the next few months ... and hopefully he'll do plenty of damage :) .

post-11037-13911928052239_thumb.jpg

post-11037-13911928051385_thumb.jpg