Mechanical Rider questions

jasonfly

Alright, so I'm contemplating buying this mini because I think it looks awesome. However, before I drop the cash on it, I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of how she does/doesn't function with collette/mei feng? I can see some obvious interaction with the rail walk movement as well as metal gamin, but I'm assuming there's more.

Collette on the other hand could bury her I guess, but I don't see it as being worthwhile on such a fast mini.

Could you guys please enlighten me on some tips/tricks with her, with regards to combos as well as the mechanical rider on her own? Thanks!

To start this off I love this model and find every excuse to take her.

First of all in the power cycle turns 1-2 are great then the rest of the game you want to keep her at turns 3-4 for total damage amounts, this only is different if the opponent gets points for her dieing. Second her drag can be nice but if you don't have the ram don't shoot cause her melee is so much better.

Mei Fang: With her it is a great jumping point with rail walker, I like it with her more because turn one you can be 21 (Totem Tricks) inches out of deployment. It is also great as a taxi for the emberling because I love totems with link because channeled 3 inch spell damage is great and having soft cover for the rider is fantastic.

Collette: Gives her a melee beatstick that is hard to kill because of armor but has almost no synergy, you are not going to take away Cassandra for her or really even a performer/mannie. And if you take her no duet, I have taken it with her multiple times.

Marcus: Just a great solid model because most beast end up being squishy

Ramos: don't know, don't play seems good because it is a solid model.

Rasputina: I like to take it with her because it gives you a model that can work on its own, now that the blessed is out I would probubly go with the blessed for fluff.

Kearis: Can't take unless with a master.

The Mechanical Rider with Mei is an excellent pairing and complement. The model is very solid and its quick enough to keep up with Mei. Additionally it can operate on its own with a good quick hit an run. Additionally mei can cast Iron Skin on the Rider giving her base armor 3 making her much more tanky than before. additionally clever use of vent steam and mounted combat can be used to charge without having line of sight as Mounted combat is a push, in which you interrupt to make a strike making sure the rider stays nice and protected.

I'm a big fan if your going to invest stones in one large beatstick model its better to bring a support beater as well. So I really like Mechanical Rider & Rail Golem as bodies in certain builds with Mei.

With Colette she could be used as an expensive solo if you don't feel like bringing the duet.

Ramos he works nicely with, especially after avatar becoming even faster.

Marcus again works very nicely as its a solid piece.