Malifaux ModelTracker

Mako

So I did... ta for that, she's now in the list.

I plan to put out a new update after the wave 2 cards come out on the 10th (I think), so sometime at the end of next week. That will have everything except the avatars, now I've added Transmortis and Santana to it.

So, with the new cards finalised, it's update time! I've rearranged the lists into masters, henchmen, enforcers, minions and peons (and it was tedious, I feel for Crouchingmoose and Ratty for dealing with the crew creator which is way more complex). So, for a bit of interest, some random stats (not counting cross faction, which throws it all into confusion and balances out the numbers):

Guild: 5 Primary masters, 5 Henchmen, 11 Enforcers, 14 Minions and 2 Peons, 37 models total (and 5 limited alts)

Ressers: 5 Primary masters, 6 Henchmen, 6 Enforcers, 21 Minions and 2 Peons, 40 models total (and 1 limited alt)

Arcanists: 6 Primary masters, 7 Henchmen, 9 Enforcers, 19 Minions and 4 Peons, 45 models total (and 1 limited alt)

Neverborn: 5 Primary masters, 8 Henchmen, 10 Enforcers, 13 Minions and 1 Peon, 37 models total (and 2 limited alts)

Outcasts: 6 Primary masters, 6 Henchmen, 16 Enforcers, 12 Minions and 1 Peon, 41 models total (and 6 limited alts)

Gremlins: 6 Primary masters, 7 Henchmen, 9 Enforcers, 13 Minions and 2 Peons, 37 models total (and 2 limited alts)

Ten Thunders: 6 Primary masters, 7 Henchmen, 7 Enforcers, 16 Minions and no Peons, 35 models total (and no limited alts)

Neverborn just sneak ahead in Henchmen, but the Outcasts take it with Enforcers having more than they do minions. The Ressers have the most Minions and the Arcanists the most Peons. The only lot without Peons or limited editions are the ten thunders, with the outcasts and guild way out in front in terms of limiteds due to them having crew boxes released.

Note that this isn't dual faction inclusive, which would give Ressers more limiteds, ten thunders more options, and totally change the numbers about for pretty much everything. I just did it to see if Outcasts really had more enforcers than minions and then got caught up in it...

So the new files are now up (linked in the first post as usual). Complete versions or just the update file, depending if you've changed over to the new version already or not. I've added in the gremlinette and the war rooster, as well as the TtB kickstarter hannah variant even though she's not out yet, in order to be more thorough. 

As always, let me know if there's anything wrong or missing and I'll add it to the file when the next update happens after wave 3.

And now, to shame myself into getting on with it some more, here's my stats from the copyable boxes in my copy of the Tracker:

Total: 110 models, 517 soulstones across 10 masters in 6 factions. 29% painted

"Guild: 20 models (1 master), 105 soulstones, 35 % painted.
Resurrectionists: 25 models (2 masters), 83 soulstones, 68 % painted.
Arcanists: 28 models (2 masters), 139 soulstones, 18 % painted.
Neverborn: 5 models (0 masters), 26 soulstones, 0 % painted.
Outcasts: 14 models (2 masters), 71 soulstones, 0 % painted.
10 Thunders: 18 models (3 masters), 93 soulstones, 17 % painted.
No Gremlins."
  • Like 1

I am curious how you plan to handle avatars since they are now upgrades. Going to load them in as masters; counts for models, but not for stones? Or will you give them the upgrade cost as the stones?

Also:

Total: 225 models, 1194 soulstones across 19 masters in 7 factions. 53% painted

Little disappointed in myself. When I first loaded stuff up, I was at 92% painted. I told my self I should keep it above 70% to avoid the model backlog issue. I seem to have failed miserably at that goal. Plus, as my model count goes up, individual models have less impact on the percentage, so painting a model means less. Trying to keep myself on a buying hiatus until I get some work done. (Still failing as I just picked up 4 models last night.)

• Like 1

Oh... err... I have no idea. Probably will give them the upgrade cost, since if you want to field the avatar, that's what you have to pay to get it into your list.

Above 70? Good grief, I'd love to get above half that! Mind you, one model still counts for almost 1% for me, so if I paint my misaki, lynch, and yan lo stuff I'm up to almost 50%. Mind you, that could take me all year.

Luckily, with my current focus on 10 thunders only, the next few months are quite quiet. Monks of low river and dawn serpent in Q2, that's about it. I may yet make progress!

• 3 weeks later...

I do? Blast, there was guaranteed to be one I copied into the wrong list!

I'll fix it for the next update p, which will include the avatars, at the end of the beta. Luckily, it won't actually affect the Arcanist page or anything anyone's put in, so it will be a mostly hidden tweak. The array will just quietly rearrange itself...

Thanks!

Thanks so much Mako, for all your hard work with this.

Now, I could have missed something, but I think you're missing a couple of LE models from the tracker. The Evil Baby Orphanage Malifaux models, Jack the Ripper (Baby Kade/CCK), Lizzie Borden (Candy/Student of Conflict), and Erik the Red (Desperate Mercenary) don't appear in any form. Was just putting my models into the tracker, and found myself in a bit of a pickle, and so stuck them in as Kade, Candy, and Merc for now. Thanks again; this has really helped motivate me to at least assemble my backlog, along with the abysmally slow rate of painting I do.

• Like 1

Honestly, they totally hadn't occurred to me. I'll add them in next update too. Lizzie will probably be candy, as it will be a bit odd to have her in as both. Seems a strange thing to have a model as a legal proxy for two very different models!

• Like 1

Honestly Mako, I think they should go in as the totems due to their size.  So Lizzie as Student, Jack as CCK, and Eric will still be a desperate merc.

I was thinking the other day about trying to modify your work to either work for or incorporate the puppetwars models as they are probably a huge contributor to my backlog.  I'm actually afraid to do so though as I don't want to see how badly they effect it.  I also don't really have the full motivation to put in that kind of work.  What can I say, I am a bum.

Ahh, puppets. Tricky, as they don't conform to the soulstone cost thing and space on that front page is rapidly filling up! Might well be possible to build a variant just for puppet wars (I have in fact been planning to build ones for all the games I own, then building a master file that can call data from them all to show me a summary of my whole collection. But at the moment all that's a bit too much work for me to bother with ;) ). It would then be separate from the main malifaux backlog numbers though.

I'll have a think, if I can sort it out to have several game files and a summary file that is basically the front page from each game file, then a supersummary of all those combined, I might make a start on it. I don't have the puppet wars stuff though, so I'd have to get hold of a list of those models, suits, and costs from somewhere. 

No promises though, there's a lot of crazy stuff going on for me these days! :D

• 2 weeks later...

You have Ama No Zako as a Minion in the Outcast section, when she is a Henchmen.

Here is my list, the new Ortegas and building the Jack Daw crew have really pulled my average down!

Total: 96 models, 497 soulstones across 9 masters in 5 factions. 56% painted

Guild: 22 models (3 masters), 124 soulstones, 50 % painted.

Resurrectionists: 39 models (3 masters), 199 soulstones, 46 % painted.
Arcanists: 11 models (1 master), 52 soulstones, 100 % painted.
Neverborn: 15 models (1 master), 74 soulstones, 80 % painted.

Outcasts: 9 models (1 master), 48 soulstones, 22 % painted.

No Gremlins, 10 Thunders.

• Like 1

Well, I've got the over 50% part (barely), but I have yet to have 100% in a faction.  I could do it in Gremlins, but I wouldn't have a usable crew as all the Gremlins I have were originally bought for outcasts as Mercs.  I've burned out on guild after our recent league, and am a little fried on painting in general.  Not completely, but enough that my output has slowed considerably (after a brief surge post league.)  So much stuff to paint.

Sadly, as should be obvious to anyone with any math sense, the higher your models count, the harder it is to increase your percentages.  A single model no longer moves me a percentage point.  But I do love having the tracker.  It has actually helped to motivate me, and has helped me curb my spending a bit.  (Of course, I say that after buying 2 new avatars, a dreamer box, and a few blisters, all in the last two weeks.)

Heh, yeah. As your collection rises, each model does less damage but it does take more work to get up to 100%...

I'm still at 111 models, so I get 0.9% per model. I'm not looking forward to the point that finishing a model doesn't tick that counter upwards!