Gav's Gremlins

greenstuff_gav

so, bit of a Retrospective; haven't posted in a long time but the Sculptors Challenge rekindled my interest :)

been painting my Gremlin Horde for a long while but don't get the opportunity to play locally :(

so, long story short, here's my gremlins :)

somer.jpg

Som'er 'n' skeeters (heresy miniatures)

ophelia.jpg

Ophelia 'n' Ramos

gremlin_lacroix.jpg

and her brothers :)

ophelia02.jpg

My Ophelia Sculpt based off've Skiku's artwork and a cast in Sterling Silver done by a friend of mine :D

gremlin_marshall.jpg

Gremlin Death Marshall based off've Mako's work :)

gremlin_haulers.jpg

Slop Haulers; one's a Conversion

gremlin.jpg

all bar two of my gremlins (as they're in for repair work :( ) ... i usually run a som'er Summoning Party so they have a high turnover :)

piggies.jpg

Piggies!

easter.jpg

and the Easter version!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Simply lovely. Blue suits them well though I can't help but think of them as Militant Smurfs (thankfully you didn't go with white pants and hats).

Really like your conversions and scratch builds they are particularly well done.

After our discussion about gremlin showgirls, I can't help but wonder why you didn't show me this brilliant thread. :-P

• 5 months later...

okay, so i've been shifting alot of my malifaux; book 2 killed it and it's all been sat in boxes.

Before my second (!) lot of gremlins goes for sale, thought i'd show you guys!

what's this? cookies?! COOOKIIIEEES!

tin.jpg

it looks a bit battered.. what's inside?

lid.jpg

what the?!

so, its a crew started by Whisper; he'd magnetised 'em to sit in the tin for transportation!

he'd also painted the skin, leaving me the rest to do :)

as Whisper has a vastly different technique to my own, thought it'd be fun to try what i always think of as the Rackham-Style colours; more subtle shades than my usual block colour :D

Mr Teeth Jones himself;

somer.jpg

it's worth noting the bases are Tree Bark, glued before undercoat, and the trees are bits of twig!

whisperer.jpg

his pigsticker didn't come out well; with hindsight i'd have spent some time with a pointy file and gouged more bark effect into the haft...

The Porkchop Express!

warpig.jpg

i like the skin effect Whisper achieved; i haven't got the colours for such an endeavour nor the patience to blend in the purple on the snout!

Piglets!

piglets.jpg

nothing really to add; Whisper painted 'em, i just painted the bases!

Gremlins

gremlin04.jpg

Getcher bro!

gremlin03.jpg

Y'all watch this!

gremlin01.jpg

Squee!

gremlin02.jpg

my favourite gremlin by far, Whisper also built a little dock for him to sit on :)

i enjoyed paintin' 'em, i think on the whole they look quite good on the table!

debating just mixing up some murky greenygrey for the flat of the base or leave it for the new owner to mix up water effect!

next up gotta decide how much to sell 'em for!

but thanks for looking and for the kind words regarding my "normal" paintwork!

hopefully The_dWarf has got some games in!